In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

More Fun in the Shop/Ecomomy BAD

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Today was interesting. I watched Ollie Stones' "W" today. If it's accurate, Bush wasn't a bad man, he was just way out of his league.
Must be tough carrying 200 years of Bush history on your back.

The economy better hurry up and get going. I bought a Ruger stainless 10/22 for $20. Didn't really want one since I don't like the mag system, but couldn't pass this up. It shoots fine and I happen to have a scope mount for it, but I will probably not install it and just use it around in the yard. My main .22 is a Remington 550-1. I like shooting CB caps in the shop!
[:p]

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    More great news today!
    I always get my buddy in the SO to run my numbers to ensure I didn't buy a stolen gun.
    The guy who sold it to me is not a thug and the rifle came back clean.

Had it not, I would have given it to my buddy since it behooves no one to have a stolen gun. I would also sign a warrant on the seller.

I know not everyone has a friend to do this for them, but don't be afraid to have the cops check out a number. The worst that can happen is you'll be out of your money, but it sure as hell beats getting arrested for receiving stolen property if that gun is ever checked in the course of an investigation.

Words to the wise.

[:)]
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you are the one that stole the rifle.

[;)]
  • SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
    edited November -1
    your cash consignment box value 10.7million dollars in El Paso international airport [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS

[;)]

[:D]

Yeah, but the truth of the matter is that I told the guy I didn't want his rifle (I really didn't), so HE says "You can have it for twenty bucks".

My momma didn't raise no fool!

The economy just sucks that bad.
    [:(]
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS

[;)]

Yeah, but the truth of the matter is that I told the guy I didn't want his rifle (I really didn't), so HE says "You can have it for twenty bucks".

My momma didn't raise no fool!

The economy just sucks that bad.
    [:(]

LOL,
    I'll give ya $40.00 for it....
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo

LOL,
    I'll give ya $40.00 for it....
    Don

Again, my momma didn't raise no fool.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 550-1s with CB Longs are a hoot- and so is my 552 Speedmaster. Folks at the range came over the other day- wanted to know what kind of suppressor I was using. [:p]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    I Bid $60.00[^]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    The 550-1s with CB Longs are a hoot- and so is my 552 Speedmaster. Folks at the range came over the other day- wanted to know what kind of suppressor I was using. [:p]

I've found the short CB's are, at least in my rifle, better because the short stroking bolt kicks them out better and reliability is 100% so far.
    Have you tried the short CB's?
    I think I get about 25 or so in there at one time.