In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun to my daughter

footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Daughter came up for the holidays from Fla. She wanted to get a
pistol for her husband for Christmas. We shopped and decided on
a Glock 26 for him. Afterwards she was looking at my small stash
and her hand locked around my Sig P225 8rounder. Well what could
I say. Tomorrow I take my Sig to gunshop to be transferred to Fla.
I will miss my Sig.[:(]
The gift to her husband came about because his son was robbed and
then shot bout a month. This kid may lose his leg and ALMOST [xx(][xx(][xx(]

Comments

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    When it's a loved one, you get them what they want/need.

A few months ago, I bought a S&W Model 36, always wanted one, finally got one.

'Bout 2 days later, my Mom was complaining that my recently divorced sister didn't have a gun for protection.

Well, I USED to own a S&W Model 36!!!!
  • CoochCooch Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know how it goes...my youngest daughter just found my Smith in .32 S&W Long and fell in love....

My middle daughter has her eye on my Model 60 and my oldest has claimed my 6" 29.

Just hoping they don't take them QUITE yet!!!

Gotta love 'em anyway!!!!
  • fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    My Dad is currently in possession of several of mine and so is my brother. A kind of on permanent loan kind of thing. You eventually get used to it and hide the good stuff when they come over.[;)]
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Daughter came up for the holidays from Fla. She wanted to get a
    pistol for her husband for Christmas. We shopped and decided on
    a Glock 26 for him. Afterwards she was looking at my small stash
    and her hand locked around my Sig P225 8rounder. Well what could
    I say. Tomorrow I take my Sig to gunshop to be transferred to Fla.I will miss my Sig.[:(]
    The gift to her husband came about because his son was robbed and
    then shot bout a month. This kid may lose his leg and ALMOST [xx(][xx(][xx(]

Maybe I'm not understanding this, but why are you shipping it to Florida? If she is there, why not just give it to her? I'm confused?
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Sarge, Its against FEDERAL LAW to give a handgun to a person living in another state.
  • rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may give the handgun to a son/duaghter/relative without a FFL transfer, depending on state and or local laws.
    Sales between individuals
    An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a modern firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state. Firearms received by bequest or interstate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence. Likewise, antique firearms are exempt from these sections of the law in most states. (Antique firearms are defined as those manufactured pre-1899 by US federal law, or modern replicas thereof that do not use cartridges. State law definitions on antique firearms vary considerably from state to state.)
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    That's "intestate" succession = without a will.

Sorry to be picky - please forgive me.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    THank you Rob and I stand corrected.Thanks too Sarge.
    Now all I have to do is find out about the laws of
    succession Between SC & Fla
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Succession would only apply if you are dead and your daughter was taking your firearm as part of your estate. I would assume that since you are still posting you haven't quite left this Earth yet.[:D] Anywho, this is a private matter between you and your daughter, not a sale, therefore laws of sale between persons does not apply. Even under federal law a person under the age of 21 can not be sold a handgun, but an 18 y/o can be gifted a handgun.