In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

robsguns

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
Robsguns I must appologize for not getting back to you. My ISP was down all afternoon yesterday. I'm at work now. The fire wall they have won't allow me to read my E-mail but I can contribute to this forum. I'll E-mail my address if the system is up when I get home.
Thanks
John

I might not always tell you the truth, but I will never lie to you!

Comments

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ryan, would you set aside a round of the 'WRA 45 AC' headstamp for me? And shoot me a photo or scan, if you can. It reads "W.R.A." at 12 o'clock and ".45 A.C." at 6 o'clock? I've seen the headstamp before (it's a commercial one). Unusual to see that in a military package - probably commercial brass pressed into military service in the early days of the war. Given the provenance of it being sent out as Lend-Lease and coming back as Soviet surplus, it would be a nice specimen for my collection.
    edited November -1
    Robsguns, I finally got my ISP back up. There was no e-mail from you . Could you please try again?
    Thanks
    John

edited November -1
    Just want you and everyone else know how much I appreciate receiving that SKS mag. It will be put to good use. I couldn't beat the price.
    Thanks. That Garand for 400 to 500 hundred is a pretty good "ballpark" price, all things being what they appear to be.
    John

edited November -1
    Ryan, I picked up two lever guns yesterday and one of them just happened to be a Model 94 Big Bore in 375 Winchester. If your interested in that project we spoke of earlier this summer, let me know. Also picked up a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 from a mutual aquaintance.

AlleninAlaska

http://www.outdoor-o-rama.com

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
    edited November -1
    here are a couple pics of the target and patches I was able to recover, I didnt have a chance to get them off the camera untill now. The 5 holes that I circled are the last 5 shots, the rest are quick sight adjustments. The last shot was a flinch, after shooting all 10 of those my nerves was getting a little jumpy! These was shot at 50 yards using the iron sights and done by a person who cannot see using iron too well(me). It is one hell of an improvement over how it shot the other "balls" at 50 yds, the difference is night and day.

Thanks again, you have solved one big problem for me, I was ready to buy a new gun or barrel for this one, I am very pleased and amazed at the difference that made.
    edited November -1
    e-mail me, i got a question for ya pantera7974@charter.net

HAPPINESS IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF, EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH.
    edited November -1
    hey hope you didnt mind, that was me that added you to the msn contact list. Its a habit I have.
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
    edited November -1
    Sorry I beat yu to the Humor&Jokes forum. One of us had to do it!!pops
    edited November -1
    Do you got a gunshop by chance? Just wondering because of the name you use sounds like a guns shop.SSgt Wilson
    When it absolutely, positively,has to be destroyed overnight.....U.S. MARINES. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    How did you resolve your problem with the Gun Safe? Please post the out come.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
    edited November -1
    Several of us from another forum

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/forums/

are looking into booking a hunt with these people

http://www.alaskaoutfittedcamps.com/index.html

for fall 2003, you interested?

AlleninAlaska

-- Thomas Paine
    edited November -1
    Ryan, hope your mailman isn't too old. Boxed up the bullets tonight and they must weigh 45-50 pounds. 325 grain jacketed, 310 grain cast, 390 grain cast and some 460 grain cast. Also threw in some 45 caliber cast bullets for your 454.

AlleninAlaska

-- Thomas Paine
    edited November -1
    Well, my other thread seems to have mysteriously disappeared. I guess that being bold enough to actually suggest that (GASP!) there might be other sites on the Web than this one is cause for deletion. Funny, I don't recall that as being against the posted rules here. Oh well.I'll try again. You've got mail.
    edited November -1
    I picked up my mail today and ifin I was supposed to get something, I didn't![:p]

pa.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    Have ya been to the Martial Arts thing yet? Legalized hazing, I love it! Every muscle in my body hurts right now. I calls it Semper Fu.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    edited November -1
    here is some more info on those mounts for your Ruger SRHWeigand Combat Handguns Inc.685 S Main Rd Mountaintop PA 18707570-868-8358 www.jackweigand.com sales@jackweigand.commakes sure you tell them its for the 454 cost is around $50
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the suggestion to use a disposable hypodermic syringe to shoot glue into cracks in a gunstock., I have used it on four guns this week-end with wonderful results. Our neighborhood farm supply store has the syringes 10/$1.00. Used with warmed (cold does not work) gorilla glue, it works wonderfully. Just work the needle into the crack, very slowly depress the plunger until glue seeps out of the crack(often more crack shows than you first thought)and let set up.Much easier than the former method of pressing glue into the crack with a putty knife. Again, thanks, Ryan. You know of which you speak.

If it ain't broke-it ain't ours!!!
    edited November -1
    Ryan you have mail!!!

pa.gif
    "Hey does anybody need their tree watered? Nunn locked the bathroom door!!! "
    edited November -1
    the EAGLE came from a web site, Kinda ashamed that I went there, but was studying some facts, Go ahead and copy the one I got here, or if you want you can get it at the same web site I did..

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"

Blue_star-eagle.gif
    edited November -1
    Please delete you new USMC in you profile sig.
    It's hot linked to the site you found it on.
    So it directs everyone who enter a topic you posted on to that site.
    It's hard on thats site bandwidth too.

trolls.gif
    Don't Feed the Trolls
    Grumpy Old Man

Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of All Those that Threaten it
    edited November -1
    Wife wanted to know if you ever got the package?

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
    edited November -1
    Got an e-mail from Ryan today. He says that things aren't nearly as bad as we see in the news. If I understood him correctly I think they see our network news in Iraq. He will be back next spring.

Said to tell the guys to keep their powder dry.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    edited November -1
    Just read a piece in US NEWS & WORLD REPORT "Designer uniforms".

Talking about "lessons learned/Iraq. "Guns, body armor, and the backpack canteen were winners. Except for the 9mm, "lacked stopping power (where's spooky?),and had feeding problems. Boots were too hot,soles crumbled. And the stitching in the trousers came undone in the crotch. Also need more pockets on shirt sleeves."

You guys picking the threads loose to help cool the tools? [;)]

On the serious side, seems the 9mm is gonna have to go. Why didn't they ask some of us here? And the boots, what gives? Haven't they figured out after all these years of equipping troops that your feet are important?
    edited November -1
    I looked a a program on TV lastnight, and it showed that the Marines have a new CAMO BDU, that the design was computer made. What do you know about it? Does it work????? [:)]

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member... N R A
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, BSC, NASDS
    Thanks for all the help!
    edited November -1
    Rob...You still looking for a revolver in 17hmr? I can't remember the price on the one you posted about. But if you are still looking, drop me an e-mail. Thanks.

Taxation WITH representation isn't so hot, either!
    edited November -1
    WHEN ARE YOU UP FOR GUNNY?OR ARE YOU GUNNY SELECT?

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    Edited by - warpig883 on 07/12/2002 18:27:19
    edited November -1
    Hey Ryan, here is the Linotype you need for those 454 bullets.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4584351

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4565108

AlleninAlaska

Free men are not equal and equal men are not free

Edited by - aglore on 07/15/2002 23:47:32
    edited November -1
    Hey Ryan, here is your BHN tester you were looking for.

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000342

AlleninAlaska

Free men are not equal and equal men are not free
    edited November -1
    For those that know Ryan, he left for his second tour to Iraq last Thursday.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    edited November -1
    Message received. Thanks, took me long enough, huh?
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've got mail.

marinesega2.jpg
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Thanks, buddy.