In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iconoclast or other old ammo collectors

MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
I have some old kleanbore 8mm ammo in original boxes.
can anyone tell me the approximate date of manufacture and or value. Thanks
ammo002.jpg
ammo001.jpg

ALL AMERICAN INFIDEL

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is early 1960s

Bert H.

Real Men use a WINCHESTER Single-Shot!
  • Options
    ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not an expert but I'd say not much. My understanding is that it is all in the condition of the box and those are not in good condition. It might be good to shoot.[8D] But don't take my word for it.

Stay Alert! Stay Alive. Good luck out there.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MVP, in pristine condition, these boxes might fetch a slight premium to market. This is 1950s / early 1960s vintage (note the Dupont graphical element) - plenty of it made. Not a scarce loading of the time as would be, for example, the last runs of .405 Winchester. Still readily available today in current production vs. a discontinued item which cannot be created easily from some other base material - e.g., the .401 SLR. In this condition, it actually brings considerably less than current production unless you find the right sucker buyer. Fire and forget!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)