In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A clean funny...Why parents go grey...

WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Why Parents Go Grey

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees about an Urgent problem with one of the main computers . He dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whispered "Hello." "Is your daddy home?" he asked. "Yes," whispered the small voice. "May I talk with him?" The child whispered, "No." Surprised, and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?" "Yes." May
I talk with her?" Again the small voice whispered, "No." Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, Is anybody else there?" "Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman." Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?" "No, he's busy", whispered the child. "Busy doing what?" "Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman",came the whispered answer. Growing concerned and even worried as he
heard what sounded like a helicopter through the earpiece on the phone the boss asked, "What is that noise?" "A hello-copper" answered the whispering voice. "What is going on there?" asked the boss, now alarmed. In an awed whispering voice the child answered, "The search team just landed the hello-copper." Alarmed, concerned, and even more then just a little frustrated the boss asked, "What are they searching for?" Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled giggle:
"ME"

WyomingSwede

Comments

• Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can see that ornery kids eyes flashing from here.

When one of my wife's uncles was about 4-5 years old, they lost him. They searched and called all day and finally found him under the front porch playing. They asked him "Why didn't you answer us when we called you?" He replied "I'm a pig, and pigs don't talk."

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, and I remember taking my Grandma and Grampa's stool apart ( took the water float and broke it ) and flooded the bathroom and family room while they were playing cards in the other room. I hid in the barn and I could hear em' calling for me. Got dark and I had to come in. I knew what I was in for.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can point to each of my gray hairs and the intials micro-engraved on them . . . but my ex sure doesn't like to be reminded that on the day we were married every one was dark and a year later, *before* our first child was born, half were gray. Damn, but I'm glad I got divorced. Youngest boy accounted for the rest . . . . whew, that one has been just as devilish as this one!