In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Memorial Day / Pictures to share

kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
I did not know if any one wanted to share any pictures ,but i thought i would . This is a picture of my grandfather i never got to meet. He served in the korean war. He is the marine on the right the guy on the left was a close friend of his. [:)]granddad_marines.jpg

Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif

Comments

• dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bottom row second from the right is my father, top row right is Lt Jack Mathis who was awarded the MOH for his service over Vegesack Germany.
    c-359-stouse.jpg

(Back L-R) 1Lt Harold L. Stouse (P), 1Lt William J. Neff (acft maint),
    2Lt Squire T. O'Connor (CP), 2Lt Jesse H. Elliott (N), 2Lt Jack W. Mathis (B)

(Front L-R) S/Sgt Eldon Audiss (E), S/Sgt Donald R. Richardson (R),
    Sgt Theron S. Tupper (WG), Sgt John A. Garriott (BT), S/Sgt Calvin H. Owen (TG)
    More on the LT. Mathis and the MOH:
    http://www.303rdbga.com/h-moh.html
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.