In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Franklin Mint Custer revolver

rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
Hey just bought one of the replica revolvers from franklin mint off of fleabay(my first purchase). Anyone else have one?
Is it pretty nice? I'm just gonna use it as a display piece.

I'm kinda wary about auctions and all. It will take 10 days for my check to get to the seller (I warned her about it beforehand).
Are they mostly prompt? I checked out the feedback and she seemed ok. I guess that's all you can go off of huh?

Comments

• Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there's no talk of FFL's, I suspect you've bought something that isn't a firearm. I hope you didn't pay too much as they have zero collector value.
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no its not a firearm, just a non firing replica. How do you know there is zero collectors value? Is there a site to check it out?
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    no its not a firearm, just a non firing replica.

As was the original, I believe.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The real one did work.

History has it that the clowm shot a few horses out from underneath himself while trying to reload the thing.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, Trinity, I believe he shot the horse with a sharps while bison hunting off by himself, while his troops wandered around trying to figure out what he was doing.

Rogue Rob, none of the Franklin Mint items has collector value, except perhaps to collectors of Franklin Mint items. Likely will make a nice decoration.
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Hey, watch it, Custer was my great, great, great uncle.

If you can't find any other buyers, I'll probably give you at least half what you gave for it. Remember, I said probably....

To err is human, to moo is bovine.