In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herters U9 Supreme Value

worstenemy453worstenemy453 Member Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=493436

Posted in ask the experts as well. Just seeing what you guys think.

Comments

• Options
    worstenemy453worstenemy453 Member Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    350.00 to 400.00 Hard to tell with just a model number.
    I would need a 458 like I needed a hole in my head. I guess there is a possability the Circus will call and want me to put down a rogue elephant. Then again, I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some Herter's rifles were built in England by BSA, and some were built in Eastern Europe, Czech Republic as I recall. There were a lot of configurations in many of them. I have a thumbhole stocked bolt action rifle in .257 Bob I paid $400 for. Not worth any more today.
  • Options
    gumbydamnitgumbydamnit Member Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a U-9 in a 222 with a BSA action, couldn't get good groups out of it so it went bye bye for $350.00. I also had a XK3 in 308 built on a FN action, now it was a tack driver but I wanted something else need money to fund so it went bye bye for $400.00.

Now a U-9 in 458 win mag is more to my liking [:D], I'd think $500-600.00 range would be fair value, if you found the right person to buy. There isn't much collector value there yet and nuts like me [;)] that like big calibers are limited. I have a 458 built on a P-14 action, so I don't need another but if I were able to handle one doesn't mean I would not buy it.