In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

no more SOG orders for me

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
I have ordered many things from AIM or other places without a hitch,decided to try SOG ,called and talked to them march 6th about price & shipping on a 19/30 and 880 rds of 7.62x54 ammo,gave them credit card info to pay for everything, $181.55 but since I had never ordered from them before they asked me to mail them a copy of my FFL so I did,,,,,,,now march 31st,,no gun ,,no ammo so I called,its on backorder,they did not even have it in stock when I ordered on the 6th,,,they LIED to me and said they did,I canceled my order and will NEVER order from them again,,,I'll call AIM monday and see if they have what I want in stock,,,,1st and last order from SOUTHERN OHIO GUN [}:)][}:)][:(!][xx(][xx(]

Comments

• shkshk Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have ordered from them for years and have never had a problem with them. All items received were what they stated or better.
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to stick up for them also,no problems ever. [:)]
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I have bought several firearms from SOG and have never had a problem and the quality of firearms was better then the other surplus distributors that I have bought from.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    For a minute I thought you were referring to SOG Knives.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe I just got a bad salesgirl but I was told both items were in stock on the 6th when I paid for them and then both items are out of stock on the 9th when my FFL arrived ,they could have at least called,e-mailed or sent me a note to let me know,that is no way to do business.they requested me to leave the money there on account or use it to buy other items,,,,,,,sorry I requested a refund.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sharpshooter- sorry you had problems with SOG. I have bought from before- including a 91/30 and ammo recently. Dealings with them have always been good for me- but guess there is a first for all.
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    I've also never had a problem with SOG.
    Aim Surplus is another exceptional company.
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I, too, have never had a problem with SOG. They will get mu business in the future. It does clearly state on the front of their rag "CONFIDENTIAL" You must have a valid FFL to order. Altho youhad the FFL, it was not on file. Maybe they sold out before they got your FFL?? Tom
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nemesisenforcer...
    Southern Ohio Guns...
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One time SOG sent a scoped M44 Russian instead of a plain one to the local shop. I missed out on buying it for $125 by about half an hour.

When the lucky gentleman that bought it mentioned he was liquidating most of his gun collection, I asked about the M44, but he was keeping it.

When dealing with some of generally good repute, it's fair to allow a second chance. SOG are pretty good people, generally.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..my 2 cents. I too have dealt with them for many years. Once picked up an Argentine Ace totally refinished it and made custom walnut stocks for it from wood on the property and just didn't like it. Had it for over a year. Called up and complained they took it back cash in advance for more than I had paid a year earlier...must just have gotten a bad day..

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Posting Guidelines

In general we expect everyone to act like adults and to show respect for each other, just as you would if the other parties were guests in your home. If you are looking for an unmoderated free-for-all you will not be at home here.

Other stuff we automatically delete:

.......Complaints about businesses, persons, or transactions unrelated to this site (in general all complaints will be deleted)......

If we deleted your post it means that we did not want it here. If we delete a post and you re-post it we will revoke your access privileges.

PUFFFFF......[8]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well excuse me sir BOB,,,we have for the last week been having many conversations about how Sportsmans Guide raised prices after an order was given,How Cheaper Than Dirt advertised ammo they did not have and backordered and how we have been treated at several of the different box stores,if my post about SOG offends you then I do apologize and ask Mr. Nunn to delete it
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it doesnt offend me, its the law. dont like the law? change the law. let nunn be the judge. he IS the law. my reminder was so you dont make a habit of airing your dirty laundry. thats all.
    if you had posted it in a contructive way, asking us if we had similar problems and/or how to fix it, THAT would have been a discussion. all you did was tell us blah blah blah...
    want me to go get SOG to read your post? think it will change anything? your lost business was a flea w/o a bite in their monopoly. but, by making a public slander, ...well, the tide can turn against you. thus my caution and gb's caution. it can happen. im trying to save you and gb headaches.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.