In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I finally got permission to own a firearm! Woo hoo

thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
First off, I'd like to thank the city of Oswego for not revoking my RIGHT to own a gun. I'd also like to thank the City of Chicago, Mayor Daily and the whole state of Illinois. I can understand their apprehension in granting me a god given and constitutionally guaranteed right. I have no misdemeanors or felonies, I'm employed, I own a home, pay taxes and I'm an honorably discharged OEF/OIF vet maintaining a ts/sci clearance but you can never be too careful.

I now feel like a slave. I have submitted to the beast and asked for that which was already my own. If I loved my wife less than I loved this country, I wouldn't be caught dead in this state. In case the sarcasm is vague, I hate Illinois!

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A bit but I need a shower.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel better too, already had my shower
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    On the positive side... you get to go shopping!

Whatchagonnaget?????
  • Options
    GRIZZLY17GRIZZLY17 Member Posts: 1,676
    edited November -1
    LOL I feel ya buddy!!! At least I'm far enough away from Dailytown that I don't have to much trouble.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oswego? So what's your beef with "little Naperville", snobtown.

It's illegal to park on the streets in front your own house on the street in Oswego. So what do you do if you have company, guests? You call the police (911 actually) and ask for an overnight parking permit. The 911 operator gets to keep score of which address has an allowable number of parking allowances in front of their home.

Yeah Oswego has become a snobtown, an overcrowded Naperville wannabe.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Oswego is that tough? It's only about 20 miles from me, and I never realized that.

We are talking Oswego, Kansas? [:D]

http://oswegokansas.com/
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget your FOID card....can't touch a firearm at a store in IL without showing it first...[}:)]
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Either overthrow the IL gov or get out. Organize an armed march on Springfield to take back your freedom - or just shut up and cower in a corner.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote: I finally got permission to own a firearm!

Now maybe you can petition for the "right" to;

buy a newspaper
    eat a french fry or fried chicken
    go to church
    travel to another state
    complain about Obama
    vote
    be happy, productive and healthy...
  • Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do people in Illinois put up with That?

I can't spell!
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hearing people talk about IL makes me glad our father brought TxLawDog and i to the promised land before we were even teenagers!

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!" Davey Crocket
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    Whatchagonnaget?????

Thinking a Saiga 12?
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you expect from OBAMMY land.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thesupermonkey
    First off, I'd like to thank the city of Oswego for not revoking my RIGHT to own a gun. I'd also like to thank the City of Chicago, Mayor Daily and the whole state of Illinois. I can understand their apprehension in granting me a god given and constitutionally guaranteed right. I have no misdemeanors or felonies, I'm employed, I own a home, pay taxes and I'm an honorably discharged OEF/OIF vet maintaining a ts/sci clearance but you can never be too careful.

I now feel like a slave. I have submitted to the beast and asked for that which was already my own. If I loved my wife less than I loved this country, I wouldn't be caught dead in this state. In case the sarcasm is vague, I hate Illinois!

Wrong! You hate Chicago golly you are in need of education. Some folks know nothing of Illnois and claim to know all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite1015
    What do you expect from OBAMMY land.

Say that in a bar here and see if you make it out alive. I bet not.
    Edit:Okay in cook county you might be okay.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Don't forget your FOID card....can't touch a firearm at a store in IL without showing it first...[}:)]

You aren't touching any ammo either. Here's something to chew on there is not much difference in a FOID then a 4473 in all reality. As if you can not pass the 4473 you are not going to get a FOID either. So we have a unique extension of the feds with a state law that still does jack and poop but jack left town to curb crime. Illinois is somehow more oppressed then the rest of the country.....? I am not buying that line anymore. Cook county may have it's extra issues, but there are some finner people everywhere else within the state. And probably some good ones in cook county too.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy mine. theyre the only good ones. didnt anyone tell you that?[:D]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.