In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling on Gunbroker

scottsmach03scottsmach03 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
Hi I am thinking about selling a firearm on Gunbroker, but am unsure what methods of payment I should accept. I really would like to keep the possibility of being ripped off to a minimum, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CS

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just sold a pistol on gunbroker. I have transfered the pistol to his FFL, and I have already received the check. Now the buyer is asking for my FFL license. Im not a dealer. Do you have to be a dealer to sell a gun on gunbroker? I looked through the rules, and i didn't see anything that said you have be. It just states that you have to have a ffl to buy a firearm. Im from tx, and from my understanding it is legal to sell a personal firearm to another individual if he/she is legally able to own one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    do you have have to be in business to sell on here on can youm sell off a few personal items you dont want any more?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a question. Trying to sell a rifle action. Do we need to send this item to a FFL holder or can we ship this item directly to buyer?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    No, you are not required to have an FFL to sell to an FFL. Send a copy of your drivers licence to him if he wants it.
    If he still is unhappy, politely tell him to either read his rule book or contact ATF for advice.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he (other dealer)needs a copy of your drivers licsense or ffl. it is not required to have shipped from a ffl, but many will not do it as a matter of store policy. it should have been worked out before shipping. is your buyer in Texas as well?
    good luck
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    As already stated, the receiving FFL will either want a photocopy of your driver's license or a copy of an FFL to log the firearm in properly. Just send the receiving dealer a copy of your D.L. and everyone should be happy with that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    he (other dealer)needs a copy of your drivers licsense or ffl. it is not required to have shipped from a ffl, but many will not do it as a matter of store policy. it should have been worked out before shipping. is your buyer in Texas as well?
    good luck

The buyer is in Texas swell. Ill just send him a copy of my DL. Thanks for all your input, yall have been very insightful..
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    send it to the ffl your transfered the gun to. the buyer doesnt need it. whats he want it for? so he can use it to cash checks with your i.d.? follow me?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.