In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1AM. Jan 1st, 2004

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Tonight marks 5 years since I was hit by a drunk driver (I was a pedestrian going to a friends because I knew not to drink and drive) causeing me to permanently carry about 5lbs. of metal in me to hold my bones together an have all the scaring from asphalt and many surgeries.

Please everyone take care out there tonight as there will definatly be a bunch of idiots on the road!

Comments

• Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    I'll be safe in my own bed. The drunks call this "amateur night." Glad to hear you've recovered okay. It takes about a year of he3aling for every hour of surgery.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When we do go out on New Years Night we leave before Midnight and make sure were home before the new year hits, most drunks stay till then. Not sure fire but has worked for us, diet coke me[:D][:0]
  • Options
    spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    "Please everyone take care out there tonight as there will definatly be a bunch of idiots on the road!"

The very reason we make it a point to stay home that particular day,[:)]
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you were born again back in '04, GRD.
    I'm also staying put this year...too many drunks on the road.
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never go out on New Yrs..dont want to "run the gauntlet" home..and wouldn't anyway..only traveling I will do is to the back porch to whizz..[}:)]..Loko
  • Options
    e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has become a tradition for the wife and I to invite our closest friends over for a dinner party each New Year's Eve. No alcohol and every one is gone by 9pm.

She's been in the kitchen all day. Lots of wonderful smells throughout the house. I can hardly wait for dinner.
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And all you designated drivers, look out for drunken idiots stumbling in the middle the of the road!
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn that's going to leave a mark scrumpy[:D][}:)][:0]
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    +1

Not to mention all the effing morons that like to fire their guns into the air. Hunker down in a safe place![:0][B)][8]
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we also stay home, even the 20s aged kids
    ended up working till nearly 18:00 tonight, and the "celabrants" were evident already just after noon!
    saw at least 4 pull-overs being wrote up for whatever, so the boys are on the ball for the night already
  • Options
    fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sitting at home, hope the don't crash into the house.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    safe at home.
    jan 04....i was getting a hernia operation at new haven V.A..
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.