In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

When monks attack!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia's acting head of state appealed to Buddhist monks Thursday to stop misbehaving after a string of scandals.

Several monks have grabbed newspaper headlines recently for fighting with slingshots and petrol bombs at a temple, molesting a boy, and for beating a man and stealing motorcycles.

At a three-day conference of 670 monks, nuns and religious officials, Chea Sim, president of the ruling Cambodian People's Party and acting head of state while King Norodom Sihanouk is away, said "negative acts" by some members of the monkhood "must be addressed, solved and improved."

Ninety per cent of Cambodia's 13 million people are Buddhist. There are about 60,000 monks living in more than 4,000 pagodas across the country.

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!