In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nice new viruses out now

v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in General Discussion
Last night two new viruses came into this computer.W32/ Behavior: Selfstarter Internet Trojan Maximus and Win32.Lovegate.(A-O)@mm,Trojan.Win32 Lovegate.C
Good luck with these. My AV company is working on an antidote today.

Comments

• Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Got the fix for them already - here, here, here, or here
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep.....I hate those stupid things. I have a problem right now...I can't get both the Linx router and the modem to work at the same time. It is one or the other....my brother thinks it is a virus. We ran two kinds of scans and found two viruses but I still have problems.

Who has time for this....and I hope to be able to pay back their kindness someday.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    Try disconecting your computer and removing the batt. for a min. then hook back up. Run you virus and any other scans first thing, do not run anything before doing this.
    If you've gotten a fragment worm you'll catch it. Worms can and will fragment in many different places, then after you scanany fragment will reproduce a whole worm again. Good luck
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    LocustFork -

Send me your mailing address, and I'll be happy to drop an Ubuntu CD in the mail for you. Just reboot your computer and boot from the CD, and you'll be running a virus free OS. Handy for testing stuff like what you describe....

I'll even extend the offer to a giveaway for anyone else :)
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    LocustFork -

Send me your mailing address, and I'll be happy to drop an Ubuntu CD in the mail for you. Just reboot your computer and boot from the CD, and you'll be running a virus free OS. Handy for testing stuff like what you describe....

I'll even extend the offer to a giveaway for anyone else :)

I would like one of those-Thanks!