In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bush Tax Reform - Got my paycheck today!

IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
edited July 2003 in General Discussion
Just recieved my paycheck.
I wish to thank Pres. Bush for the additional $21.37
Now I can go eat a good lunch with my newfound riches!
Better than a kick in the head!
Walte

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What I find more intersting, is how is George Bush going to pay for the expanding government, ie, the inclusion of prescription drugs in the medicare subsidy, that GW pushed so hard for congress to pass-Geez, I rememebr the days when "conservatives" wanted to abolish the medicare subsidy alltogether-now we are adding prescriptions to the program.

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once"
    -David Hume
  • SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    Lol, I got mine week before last. For some reason I only got 6 bucks extra in a 2 week pay period. Gonna check it again this week and see if all I got was only 6 bucks extra :(.. Its probably cause of the deductions on my W-4 form.
  • pagunrunnerpagunrunner Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that $21.37 per day, week, month, or year? Anyway it beats a poke in the head with a sharp stick.

If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    For us poor old Okies, $21.37 bi monthly extra is a god send.

Wont have to do road kill tonight!

Will have to take Mama out for one of those high dollar McDonalds ground steaks on a bun.

May get even lucky and wont have till wait until Christmas, know what I mean.

Walte
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was only $1.09 more a week,[:(] but it is a little more.[:D]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My monthly retirement check swelled by some $20.00 - that'll go toward the monthly medical precription bill!

Keep off the Ridgeline
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    My monthly paycheck today shows a reduction in Federal Withholding Tax of $78.43. That's nearly a grand per year.

Thanks, President Bush.[:D]

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won't find out till next week what the new withholding tables will "give" me. And "give" is the wrong word...IT IS MY MONEY TO START WITH! I was just forced to pay it in the form of taxes to the government. That's why Kennedy's pitiful speech a few years ago after the first Bush reduction hit me so wrong. "He's taking OUR money!!" Kennedy moaned. Like I said above....it's MY money, you druken, murdering, lying loser! And I, for one, am glad to get even one cent of it back.

Saxon...You hit the nail on the head!

Taxation WITH representation isn't so hot either!
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone who complains about their tax cut can send it straight to me, and I'll be eating well as soon as the mail comes in, just from this site.
    And if the Hollywood folks send it to me, I'll retire tomorrow and make a movie about how stupid they are.
    Really strange how some folks complain.
    Granted, there should be no income tax whatsoever, as it is unconstitutional, but at least we're moving in the right direction.
    Send it to me!