In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

is it true

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
if you stick your finger in the barrel of a gun and someone pulls the trigger you will be ok but their gun will blow up? TIA

Comments

• tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Worked for Roadrunner, Wiley was never the same afterwards.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutly not! Have you not ever seen a barrel after it has exploded? The end of it usually tears down the sides and spreads out. You rhand and face will go right along with it.

Surely you jest in asking this question...
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say no simply because the presure is going to escape somehow, and I would be willing to bet your finger is not as tough as the steel of the bolt, barrel, or chamber.

Of course you could always try it in a safe manner.

might I suggest the following personal myth buster:

1) get an old gun you dont mind blowing up.
    2) bench rest the gun in a safe area far away from things and people you dont want hurt.
    3) with the firearm unloaded, plug the barrel with a carrot or potato, and tie a string around the trigger
    4) chamber a round, and stand behind a well built barrier and pull the string.
    5) check results, and report back to us.[:D]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    if you stick your finger in the barrel of a gun and someone pulls the trigger you will be ok but their gun will blow up? TIA

Give it a shot. I would say the average finger should fit in a 460 WBY. Photos please...better yet, a youtube video.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HOW did you get this old???
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    +
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    well I tried it with a .22 and it took the end of my finger. I think it didnt work because I could not effectively seal the barrel with my finger IN it. Once I heal I am going to try with a 20 gauge slug gun. I think I shoul dbe able to get a pretty good seal with my thumb in there
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I tried it with a .22 and it took the end of my finger. I think it didnt work because I could not effectively seal the barrel with my finger IN it. Once I heal I am going to try with a 20 gauge slug gun. I think I shoul dbe able to get a pretty good seal with my thumb in there
    Don't waste your time I've done it in a 20ga and it works,if you decide to try it just make sure and trim your thumb nail...makes all the difference.[;)]...
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Don't waste your time I've done it in a 20ga and it works,if you decide to try it just make sure and trim your thumb nail...makes all the difference.[;)]...
    lmao, maybe I can get one of the local sex offenders try to plug it with his tongue in return for a couple tickets to sesame street on ice [}:)]
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A fool and his finger are soon parted!!