In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Zapruder Film.

84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
Anybody here who has closely watched the film in question, think that shot came from behind and above?

I do not, and you will never convince me otherwise.

(Did not want to step on the other Kennedy thread.)

Comments

• Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is that most of us here have a whole brain [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    The problem is that most of us here have a whole brain [:D]

So you have watched the video, and think the shot came from behind and above?

That first shot, where JFK double hand grabs his throat was probably from behind. (Oswald's "Magic Bullet?") The next (fatal) head shot, was most assuredly from the front.

No way in H E double hockeys sticks, that was not a frontal shot. Pay close attention to the head recoil from the shot.

My humble opinion of course.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shot is easy to explain and has been thousands of times. But you stated "and you will never convince me otherwise". So why try to explain it.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc

Very possible.

Have shot a number of pumpkins and fresh gourds. Pressure wave sends pieces in different directions.

While I wouldn't pretend to try and convince anyone that the Warren Commission was 100% correct, there is nothing in the film that 100% discounts the single bullet theory.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zapruder had no idea what he captured. After 54 years this case has been examined many times.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interestingly enough, there were many other people filming the motorcade. Why the Zapruder film has become THEE definitive 'film' is beyond me.

Here's a head scratch-er for ya: "Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK."

I've read the book. Interesting theory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/accidental-assassin-jfk-theory-alleges-secret-service-agent-fumbled-gun-flna2D11634276
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    The shot is easy to explain and has been thousands of times. But you stated "and you will never convince me otherwise". So why try to explain it.

How is the shot and the head movement involved "easy to explain?"

As I stated before, that shot was from a frontal direction. (You will not convince me otherwise, having been a lifelong shooter.) I know and understand what the recoil and head movement shows.

If you pay close attention, you can actually see brain matter exploding from the rear. Emergency room Doctors agreed. Body whisked away. No conclusive autopsy results ever published.

Buy in to Government explanations much?

I've shot a lot of critters in the head, I've seen brain matter that came out of the entrance wound. That is easy to explain, a hard skull filled instantly with pressure from the hydro-static shock/pressure caused by the bullet. Yes it can go out the exit wound also, but remember the first break in this hard encapsulated container is the entrance wound. The brain cavity in the human skull is a lot larger than most critters there is a lot of fluid and soft tissue to react to the hydro=static shock of a bullet. Some of that tissue exited the entrance wound.

Now take a finger and push on the back of your head, what is your first reaction? Think about it.

Like I said, it is easy to explain.

Here is the magic bullet explained:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPrzCGVi3_E
    There is nothing magic about it.

There is nothing complicated about this shooting. What influenced Oswald and was he manipulated by someone else or who that some else was, we may never know. But the shooting itself isn't complicated.

But why waste time, you will never believe there wasn't other shooters.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    Zapruder had no idea what he captured. After 54 years this case has been examined many times.

And never fully explained, from a Firearms/recoil perspective.

The film speaks for itself.

Look at the rearward spray, people.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, you are not convinced, I am good with that.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oswald killed the prez.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    Interestingly enough, there were many other people filming the motorcade. Why the Zapruder film has become THEE definitive 'film' is beyond me.

Here's a head scratch-er for ya: "Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK."

I've read the book. Interesting theory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/accidental-assassin-jfk-theory-alleges-secret-service-agent-fumbled-gun-flna2D11634276

There is another film from the other side of the street. But the man was to far away and the footage is not very good. So it doesn't show much.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this; he was shot and died, I think. The rest of the story, the truth, we will never know even after the Warren Commission report is released.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oswald killed the prez.
    What's next?
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Armed with video of 2 100+ story buildings blowing up I can't get people to stop saying they fell down. Not going to bother chiming in on this one.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,376 ******
    edited November -1
    Anybody here who has closely watched the film in question, think that shot came from behind and above?

What other Kennedy thread??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood

What other Kennedy thread??

Ah yes! Number Gazillion and 23!!!!!! [8)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oswald shot. so did some others....from several directions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    riiiiiiiiiiiigt
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I too believe that more shooters were involved. All responsible are now most likely dead, and stand before our Maker.

The TRUTH to all things eventually evens out with time. God always sorts them out no matter what they think they got away with.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ken, kind of sounds like you believe that "Government Trust" is an oxymoron! [:D]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your really not going to like my views on the moon landing.

(Lifelong photographer, Military Photographer, BFA in Photoghraphy.)

Where do the two, sometimes three, different direction shadows come from? Have you ever paid attention to/noticed that? (Single light source, the Sun?) No stars visible, ever. What about the Stars and Stripes waving in the breeze? Uhmn, there is no breeze in space.

I will not convince others otherwise. I acknowledge that. Not even worried about it, in the least.

I had a TS clearance in the Military. Oversaw and managed a TS level photo lab. (Site R/Raven Rock.) What is promogulated by our Government versus what is going on, is two different realities. I've seen it.

Argue differently all you want. I've seen and know otherwise.

I know and realize I will take major heat and ridicule for this post. I don't care. I'm intelligent, know what I've seen/see. (Can form my own opinion.) I do not believe everything I am told. I've seen things with my own eyes, that prove to me otherwise.

If you really belief the obvious myth that the moon landings were staged, there is probably little that can be done wrt to the Kennedy Assassination, Roosevelt's complicity in the Pearl Harbor attacks, Bush's complicity in the 11 September, 2001 attacks, or the current belief that the Earth is not the center of the Multi-verse.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i do own the gun in question - 2 examples one a mint perfect unaltered version with the original iron sights an one an exact copy of the piece used including the scope and mounts

a so called kennedy special if you will

i have fired both extensively - hundreds of rounds through each piece

mike
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I haven't & can't imagine why anyone would choose to waste their time doing so. Suppose someone comes forward & claims they were the second shooter. How would they prove it?
    I still think Mrs. Lincoln left the door open so her lover could kill Abe.[:D]Now prove me wrong.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    No, I haven't & can't imagine why anyone would choose to waste their time doing so. Suppose someone comes forward & claims they were the second shooter. How would they prove it?
    I still think Mrs. Lincoln left the door open so her lover could kill Abe.[:D]Now prove me wrong.

I studied it frame by frame, because of my Degree. (BFA in Photography) I elected in my Senior year of Indipendent Studies, to do so. (Edited to reflect, the actual situation.)

It was not a "waste of time," but enlightening, and educational.

Hope that helps you. If not, that's okay too.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I studied it frame by frame, because my Degree (BFA in Photography) dictated I do so.

It's starting to sound like you have a BA in creative writing.

Just how and why would a Bachelors of Fine Art in Photography 'dictate' that you review an old 8mm film and just where did you obtain said film? If you were working toward a Masters of Fine Art in forensic photography or working for the FBI, your story would hold more water.

Until then,

BS-Flag2.png
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As many times as I have seen it, I still don't know, to be honest. I do know one thing for sure, I do NOT trust anything our government tells us.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
    And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
    Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
    And call Alice, when she was just small
    When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
    And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
    Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
    When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
    And the white knight is talking backwards
    And the red queen's off with her head
    Remember what the dormouse said
    Feed your head, feed your head
  • Options
    edited November -1

Okay. I'm okay, with your uninformed analysis. (Not that I agree with any of your BS.)

I took advanced individual studies and classes, based on my background and Photographic experience. (Military, etc.)

I have a lot of "Forensic Photography," in my background.

So, you are involved in BFA (Photographic concentration,) degree course requirements? Or Individual studies based on the same?

I highly doubt it.

I'm retired, so I am not 'involved' in earning a BFA in anything, however, I did earn a BFA in Industrial Design before earning a BSME and getting a real job.

As a matter of fact, I do have a background in 'photography'. In the mid 70's I took a 100 level 'basic photo' class and started shooting photos with a 6x7 medium format camera, moved up to 5x7 and 8x10 large format cameras before buying a 35mm SLR to shoot sports. I took 'advanced photo' (B&W) as well as 'Color'. I have an extensive background in graphics work with 'Stat' cameras as well as archival photo developing. I was able to secure 'independent study' classes my junior and senior years in ID. In addition I studied FORTRAN, Calculus, Engineering Graphics (a precursor to CAD) and anything else I could find to give me an edge getting a job.

I have several old friends that have BFA's with concentrations in Photography. One went to Brooks and the one that worked for Nat Geo went to the same State U that I did.

That's an overview.

So, care to educate us 'dummies' just how your BFA degree DICTATED that you view the Zapruder film 'frame by frame'?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I studied it frame by frame, because my Degree (BFA in Photography) dictated I do so.

Just how and why would a Bachelors of Fine Art in Photography 'dictate' that you review an old 8mm film and just where did you obtain said film? If you were working toward a Masters of Fine Art in forensic photography or working for the FBI, your story would hold more water.

Until then,

BS-Flag2.png

Okay. I'm okay, with your uninformed analysis. (Not that I agree with any of your BS.)

I took advanced individual studies and classes, based on my background and Photographic experience. (Military, etc.)

Do you understand what "Individual Studies," means?

So, you are involved in BFA (Photographic concentration,) degree course requirements? Or Individual Studies requirements based on the same?

I highly doubt it.

I love when People who do not know what they are talking about, show their *.

Please feel free to post your uniformed opinion here to this thread, and against me again. I look forward to it.

I'm not sure I can keep up with your 'edits'. If you are who you say you are, why are you so defensive buttercup?

From where I sit, the only one showing their * is you. But then again, I'm 'uninformed'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by 84Bravo1

So, you are involved in BFA (Photographic concentration,) degree course requirements? Or Individual studies based on the same?

I highly doubt it.

I'm retired, so I am not 'involved' in earning a BFA in anything, however, I did earn a BFA in Industrial Design before earning a BSME and getting a real job.

As a matter of fact, I do have a background in 'photography'. In the mid 70's I took a 100 level 'basic photo' class and started shooting photos with a 6x7 medium format camera, moved up to 5x7 and 8x10 large format cameras before buying a 35mm SLR to shoot sports. I took 'advanced photo' (B&W) as well as 'Color'. I have an extensive background in graphics work with 'Stat' cameras as well as archival photo developing. I was able to secure 'independent study' classes my junior and senior years in ID. In addition I studied FORTRAN, Calculus, Engineering Graphics (a precursor to CAD) and anything else I could find to give me an edge getting a job.

I have several old friends that have BFA's with concentrations in Photography. One went to Brooks and the one that worked for Nat Geo went to the same State U that I did.

That's an overview.

So, care to educate us 'dummies' just how your BFA degree DICTATED that you view the Zapruder film 'frame by frame'?
    [/quot

Perhaps I miss spoke on "dictated." (My apologies.) I took Independent Studies. I requested studies on the JFK assassination footage, and analysis therof. It does not detract from the fact that I did indeed study it, frame by frame.

Wow. A 100 level Photography course. Impressive. I only had about 7 years of high intensity Photography experience prior to College, "100 level basic Photography" classes. You da man.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Until then,

BS-Flag2.png

Do you understand what "Individual Studies," means?

So, you are involved in BFA (Photographic concentration,) degree course requirements? Or Individual Studies requirements based on the same?

I highly doubt it.

I love when People who do not know what they are talking about, show their *.

Please feel free to post your uniformed opinion here to this thread, and against me again. I look forward to it.

I'm not sure I can keep up with your 'edits'. If you are who you say you are, why are you so defensive buttercup?

From where I sit, the only one showing their * is you. But then again, I'm 'uninformed'.

Any "edits" on my part, are to correct grammatical and spelling errors. I really do not care what you think about that. I am, who I say I am. I really do not care what you have to say about it, in any way shape or regard. Clear enough "Buttercup?"
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Multiple shooters

...and we haven't landed a man on the moon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by 84Bravo1

I highly doubt it.

That's an overview.

[/quot

Perhaps I miss spoke on "dictated." (My apologies.) I took Independent Studies. I requested studies on the JFK assassination footage, and analysis therof. It does not detract from the fact that I did indeed study it, frame by frame.

Wow. A 100 level Photography course. Impressive. I only had about 7 years of high intensity Photography experience prior to College, "100 level basic Photography" classes. You da man.

I hope you are real 'good' at photography, because it appears that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Here's a hint: Large format photography is not covered in a 100 level class. But you sort of missed that, didn't ya?

Bartender? I'll have a double of whatever he's drinking.

7 whole years!!!???!!!!! My "Soph-omore year" was the 6 happiest years of my life!
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your really not going to like my views on the moon landing.

(Lifelong photographer, Military Photographer, BFA in Photoghraphy.)

Where do the two, sometimes three, different direction shadows come from? Have you ever paid attention to/noticed that? (Single light source, the Sun?) No stars visible, ever. What about the Stars and Stripes waving in the breeze? Uhmn, there is no breeze in space.

I will not convince others otherwise. I acknowledge that. Not even worried about it, in the least.

I had a TS clearance in the Military. Oversaw and managed a TS level photo lab. (Site R/Raven Rock.) What is promogulated by our Government versus what is going on, is two different realities. I've seen it.

Argue differently all you want. I've seen and know otherwise.

I know and realize I will take major heat and ridicule for this post. I don't care. I'm intelligent, know what I've seen/see. (Can form my own opinion.) I do not believe everything I am told. I've seen things with my own eyes, that prove to me otherwise.
    I totally agree with you but you forgot to mention all of the life support that "supposedly" was crammed into their small backpacks (a/c, heat, oxygen, communications, waste, battery power to run everything, etc etc). The micro technology of just the climate controls system alone didn't exist back in the 60's....if in doubt go outside and look at the size of your ac/heat unit....nope, that BS never happened [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?ve been to the 6th floor museum at least half a dozen times. It?s one of my favorite stops to show people who are visiting Dallas.

I have stood as close as you can get and it?s pretty easy to conclude the shots could be made and that?s about the right distance for a reload in between.

I?m not qualified to dissect film to any degree. But I have met and spoken with some of the engineering gray beards from the moon landing days and they damn sure believe they sent something up and it landed.
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

How is the shot and the head movement involved "easy to explain?"

As I stated before, that shot was from a frontal direction. (You will not convince me otherwise, having been a lifelong shooter.) I know and understand what the recoil and head movement shows.

If you pay close attention, you can actually see brain matter exploding from the rear. Emergency room Doctors agreed. Body whisked away. No conclusive autopsy results ever published.

Buy in to Government explanations much?

I've shot a lot of critters in the head, I've seen brain matter that came out of the entrance wound. That is easy to explain, a hard skull filled instantly with pressure from the hydro-static shock/pressure caused by the bullet. Yes it can go out the exit wound also, but remember the first break in this hard encapsulated container is the entrance wound. The brain cavity in the human skull is a lot larger than most critters there is a lot of fluid and soft tissue to react to the hydro=static shock of a bullet. Some of that tissue exited the entrance wound.

Now take a finger and push on the back of your head, what is your first reaction? Think about it.

Like I said, it is easy to explain.

Here is the magic bullet explained:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPrzCGVi3_E
    There is nothing magic about it.

There is nothing complicated about this shooting. What influenced Oswald and was he manipulated by someone else or who that some else was, we may never know. But the shooting itself isn't complicated.

But why waste time, you will never believe there wasn't other shooters.

Here's another example.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    From the front and to his right.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we will never know and I leave it at that

I worked with a guy every year he would go to Dallas Texas some group he was in would all meet and discuss the shooting .. I never talked much with him as he was just a bit odd , to get his take on it
    I just assumed as they met every year and had not figured it out no need asking
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc

And never fully explained, from a Firearms/recoil perspective.

The film speaks for itself.

Look at the rearward spray, people.

Well, since we ain't going to convince you -[;)]

The thing is, alot of experts have explained it. Dr Baden for one. You may disagree with them, but to say there hasn't been a body of evidence suggested isn't accurate.

The President's head moves down and to the front from frame 312 to 313 (doing it from memory, forgive me if I have the frame # incorrect) at impact and the matter exits forward. The motorbike cops rode into it, it didn't exit back onto them.

There is a gunshot wound in the upper right rear of the President's skull. A known characteristic of bullet wounds striking such bone is beveling. Much like a BB gun striking glass, which we've all seen, the bevel's cone indicate the direction of the shot. The beveling in the President's skull is consistent with a shot from the right rear and precludes a shot from the front. Sooting on the bullet hole in the rear of the President's jacket, the fibers pushed inward, are again characteristic of an entrance would.

Here' my issue with the conspiracy folks - they take 2nd hand info that under no circumstances would be considered evidence and draw conclusions from it. For example .....

Put "See how Johnson's looking at him" with the night before supposedly saying "after tomorrow the Kennedys will never embarrass me again" and "viola!!!" - LBJ did it. Well, a few problems. A look isn't evidence of anything and rather than meaning he was being killed Johnson's statement can mean he's expecting a wonderful Big D turnout. One other problem - he wasn't at the party where this was supposedly said.

So, after almost 60 years the conspiracy folks are still pushing looks, hearsay and misinformation like "Connally was sitting directly in front of the President". No he wasn't. I've seen the car, I've been through Dealey and the first rifle I used to shoot center fire was a scoped Carcano bought by my Pop from Kleins the same year. After the assassination he stashed it and would never shoot it. Still have it. I think my 1st box of Norma ammo cost more than the damn rifle and that pretty much got me into reloading.

I think y'all got to do better in the evidence department than conclusions based on assumptions.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard all the scientific ballistic research done of the subject, and I understand what they are trying to say, and are trying to convince everyone with. I have seen the goat being shot in the back of the head video, and I have seen all the rubber body simulation shot videos too.

Still, I can not reason in my mind why if the shot was from the back, that it had so much blow back from the wound scatter over the trunk area of the car. In fact Jackie climbed onto the trunk immediately afterwards to retrieve a fairly large piece of brain & skull.

The car was traveling at around 15 mph, and I don't believe that's quick enough to develop enough wind flow to cause debris to take a reward path. There was a family on the other side of the street, and to the rear of the car who were hit by brain matter, and the motorcycle cop riding to the cars left rear got a lot of blood & brain spray.

The argument of the vehicle driver hitting the gas/flooring the car after the first shot doesn't work for me either. The car wasn't a dragster, and couldn't jet forward fast enough to cause the blow back. Even though it did pick up speed a Secret Service Agent was still able to jump off LBJ's car behind Kennedy's car, catch up with it, and climb onto the trunk.

After 36 years in Law Enforcement, and most of that time as a Detective I understand the art/process of high impact blood splatter. I can't reconcile how a round from the rear could splash all that debris to the left rear unless the shot came from the right front.

Blood & brain matter doesn't weigh a lot & it takes quite a bit of velocity to sling it in a spray the distance that it did in Delay Plaza on Nov-22-1963.

Now, I do believe Oswald was involved, and he did take the shot from the School Book Depository 6th floor that hit the president in the back exiting his lower neck, through his tie, and striking Gov, Connally in the right side of his upper back. That shot works, and it wasn't a magic bullet. Connally was in a jump seat inset from the door that was in front of Kennedy & to his lower left. The shot lines up perfectly from above & to the right rear.

Who else was involved? We will never know. Those boys were buried in a shallow grave out back in Terlingua four hours after Kennedy was killed...still got the shovel...[;)]

Trinity +++