In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Memory. Hate it when can't remember if locked safe

SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
edited July 2003 in General Discussion
Grrrr..

Don't you hate it when you can't remember if you've locked your safe?

Whats the longest you've driven or time spent just to go double check your safe, if you've ever remembered it wasn't locked after you left the house..

Comments

• Options
    PRZNCOP110PRZNCOP110 Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did that just the other day. Got to work and was thinking,"Did I lock it or just shut the door." I called my brother and sent him by the house to give the dial a turn. Sure enough, it was unlocked. I cant leave work once I get here and my neighborhood aint the best[xx(]

"SOCIETY PREPARES THE CRIME, THE CRIMINAL COMMITS IT"
  • Options
    toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geez, I'm the same way with my garage door. I can't even remember (pardon the pun) the number of times I have taken a swing around to block to see if I closed the door. Age is a (rhymes with witch).
  • Options
    Myra-LouMyra-Lou Member Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yelp.....me too.....I keep all my keys, wallet and pocket change in the same place in the house or I'll forget where I put them.....I keep loosing the remote......wish they would make them a shiny orange on beep when you clap your hands.....
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    My safe is in my garage,shop. and I have left it unlocked for several days and nights, But my Dog is kind enough to keep an eye on it, he's a 115# German Shepard. (I love my Puppy )[:D]
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I thought I was the only one!

flag.gif
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Anytime I drive around the block to check the garage door it's down, it's those time that I don't think about it that I come home to an open door. [:(]

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's probably the ONLY good thing about only having a gun cabinet.[V] The door only shuts correctly when I turn the key and lock it!

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    YEPPERS,Did it the other night.[:I]
    Mine is out in the shop(which is open
    on one side).Left it WIDE open!![:(][:(][:(]
    Didn't think about it until the next
    morning about ten miles from home.(going
    to town).Called the house,18 year old
    daughter said she'd go lock it,GUESS WHAT?
    Got home about 10 pm,and it's still standing
    WIDE OPEN!!![:(!][:(!][:(!]
    Nothing missing though.[:D][:D][:D]

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go check if only I could find the truck keys![:p]

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I always keep mine locked, I get what I want out of it, then lock it.
    Have more $ in guns in the safe than what the house is worth, my so called investment retirement fund. Did better than my 401k.
    You never know when you might have to leave in a hurry, accidents etc, its better to keep it locked, then you will know for sure.
    Its a pain to keep unlocking, but better safe than sorry.
    I would really hate it if some kid broke into the house with the safe open, and the kid use one of my weapons to cause harm.
    But then if someone trys to break into the safe, it will be a bad day for them, as its loaded on 6 side with CS gas and 2 alarm systems. That would ruin their day & mine too.
    Again keep it locked!
    Walte
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lose or forget a lot of things but I have never done that & can't understand how it is done as I always lock the safe when I finish.
    I do have a problem with forgetting to put the motorcycle in at night & even worse I often leave the key in the ignition. maybe I'm somehow hopeing someone will steal it so I have a good excuse to buy a new one.