In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leaving for Maine

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
Pulling out at 10 tonight. Don't feel like driving in the traffic tomorrow morning. Only a 6 hour ride to the hotel. Will take pictures to share. Wish I had Bill's,(William81) ability to take great pictures.Oakie

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Oughtta be real nice up there about this time of year.
    I white-water rafted the Moose River once,about 100 years ago.Was a blast!! RIver was 6' above normal and TRUCKIN'!!
    One of the only rivers in N America that flows S to N, so I was told.
    Hava great time John!!!!
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take care on the road John!
    Keep the rubber side down...
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where in Maine, Oakie?
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stop by Cabela's in Scarborough and see if their model 24 is in as good as shape as it looks, buy it for me and I'll send you the $$[;)]
    Have fun Oakie.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck to you and your wife on your trip trip, Oakie. Hope you have a few good stories to relate, when you return.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    McKenzie River also flows south to north..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    Where in Maine, Oakie?

Kittery,Maine. It is just over the border from NH. Went to the outpost today. Tons of really nice firearms and cheap too. Ammo is outrageous, but their prices on firearms is great. Might pick up a Remington 700 bdl in 25-06, for 595. It is used, but not a scratch on it. I also found a nice 222, 700 bdl, that looks to be never fired for 610. Heading out on a lobster boat on Monday to try our hand at lobster fishing.[:D] It is a working boat and you keep what you catch and have it cooked when you get back. They cook them for you right at the dock and you have a full dinner. Todd, I will try to make the Cabelas, as I didn't know it was there. I need to stop on the way home to look for some ammo. Oakie
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    New River (Gorge) "oldest River in N. America." Awesome rafting/kayaking, also flows South to North. Done it bunch of times. Highly recommend it. An absolute blast. Awesome scenery.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Where in Maine, Oakie?

Kittery,Maine. It is just over the border from NH. Went to the outpost today. Tons of really nice firearms and cheap too. Ammo is outrageous, but their prices on firearms is great. Might pick up a Remington 700 bdl in 25-06, for 595. It is used, but not a scratch on it. I also found a nice 222, 700 bdl, that looks to be never fired for 610. Heading out on a lobster boat on Monday to try our hand at lobster fishing.[:D] It is a working boat and you keep what you catch and have it cooked when you get back. They cook them for you right at the dock and you have a full dinner. Todd, I will try to make the Cabelas, as I didn't know it was there. I need to stop on the way home to look for some ammo. Oakie

I have a lot family that lobstered and fished commercially. They are farther north though.....Boothbay Harbor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Where in Maine, Oakie?

I have a lot family that lobstered and fished commercially. They are farther north though.....Boothbay Harbor.

We're going to Orr's Island, Tomorrow. This is some beautiful country folks. Wish I could stay here forever. Sportsman's paradise guys. [;)]