In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun club elections tonight.

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
I was nominated for president of our shooting club. There are 428 members. I declined the nomination. They club voted, as there were two other members running. I won with over 400 votes.[}:)] I then stood up and again declined the nomination. I did however except the nomination for high power range officer and won 424 to 3 against the current officer. I abstained from voting. I just don't have the time and energy to be president right now. Too much other stuff going on and I just plain old don't want the position. maybe next election in two years. It did feel good to know that everyone had that much faith in me. I was a previous VP for six years and that was way to time consuming. Great night and a lot of fun. I love just shooting and didn't like the politics of being president or VP. Too many clicks, but I want to make sure that I stayed on the executive board to be informed as to what was going on in the clubs iner workings. Oakie