In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

St. Louis Rams, Disgusting

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
coming onto the field with their hands up in support of Ferguson and mike brown. Why not just wear black hoodies and have a mac 10 strapped to your waist and holding a little foreign guy by the neck. Really[?][?][?][}:)][}:)][}:)][:(!][:(!][:(!] They should have came out all wearing badges in Support for Officer Wilson, for putting his life on the line trying to protect the citizens of that hell hole. Totally disgusted with that display. They should be fined as a team and have the game count as a loss. I really want to see the commissioners response to this disgusting display. Just my take on things. I think most people saw this as a bad display from people, that kids look up to.

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ha,....the commisioners most likely think it's a great thing.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bunch of ignorant animals support their kind, ghetto rats and felons. What else would you expect from a bunch of overpaid pampered dolts?
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    There is someone who will still actually watch a game played against the Oakland Raiders? at 1-11...Why?
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blatant racism and no one calls it because well you know........ only white people can be racist these days. I cant believe the coach was not aware that they were going to do that, he should be reprimanded as well. Overall a disgusting display by uninformed people and another reason while the NFL stands for: Not For Long. I miss the 1970s NFL.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As apposed to supporting the Police, who incidently are working security at the stadium "protecting" these million dollar cry babies from the fans, who contribute to their salaries. What an ignorant gesture on their part.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not watch and sports on TV ( or live for that matter ) but they should be fined for such a display . but I am sure the masses and obummer could not be more proud, .
    Its too bad all the people in the stadium did not get up demand there ticket price back and march out like that would ever happen [:(!][:(!]
    and really they wonder why racism is getting worse .
    I have no ill feelings toward any race , just the asshats that do such blatant acts regardless of there color
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,976 ******
    edited November -1
    [:(!][:(!][:(!][xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steal, beat people, smoke dope and get in a fight with a cop - blame is alot easier to deal with than responsibility.

In the time it took the players to do that I'll bet half a dozen Black kids were kiled by other Black kids.

The Black comminity had an opportunity at self examination and correction - drugs, violence, poor schooling, absentee fathers - but they allowed themself to be highjacked by the usual suspects and diatribe.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just to be clear it was these 5 pictured.....not the entire team
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad somebody didn't drop a string of firecrackers over the rail right about then.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Too bad somebody didn't drop a string of firecrackers over the rail right about then.
    LMAO[:D]
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Playing to the home crowd. They didn't want a disruption of the game. Now the Rams are untouchable by the locals. a smart move by the team.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/01/st-louis-police-group-demands-punishment-for-rams-players-in-ferguson-protest/

SLPOA Business Manager Jeff Roorda was quoted in a statement released by the organization as saying " All week long, the Rams and the NFL were on the phone with the St. Louis Police Department asking for assurances that the players and the fans would be kept safe from the violent protesters who had rioted, looted, and burned buildings in Ferguson ... then, as the players and their fans sit safely in their dome under the watchful protection of hundreds of St. Louis's finest, they take to the turf to call a now-exonerated officer a murderer, that is way out-of-bounds, to put it in football parlance."
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Never understood why anyone would watch football players anyway.

Not that I'm against football you understand. Far from it. Just have my priorities clear here [8D]

bb011de8ea7d49cc0c546122b46d7861.jpg

Cheerleaders_420_041612.jpg

6698950.jpg
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by royc38
    Blatant racism and no one calls it because well you know........ only white people can be racist these days. I cant believe the coach was not aware that they were going to do that, he should be reprimanded as well. Overall a disgusting display by uninformed people and another reason while the NFL stands for: Not For Long. I miss the 1970s NFL.

i miss the 1950's NFL, and the rules and uniform in effect at that time, the NFL of today is nothing more than "Pussyball" [:D]
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    has to be Photoshopped or they couldnt run cause there pants would be at their knees.......
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it was done in bad taste, most have no clue about the facts involved in the case nor the turd that was shot. The police association is throwing a fit, other people are wanting action etc. We can agree, or disagree but they are expressing their 1st Amendment rights. I don't like what they did personally, and they don't like me having guns laying at the bottom of the lake. In the end, both of our situations are covered by the constitution tastelss or not.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    I think it was done in bad taste, most have no clue about the facts involved in the case nor the turd that was shot. The police association is throwing a fit, other people are wanting action etc. We can agree, or disagree but they are expressing their 1st Amendment rights. I don't like what they did personally, and they don't like me having guns laying at the bottom of the lake. In the end, both of our situations are covered by the constitution tastelss or not.

Yeah, they have a right to say it, and the NFL has the right to punish them for it.
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    any punishment short of banning them would make no difference in their lives....so why the F bother
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will be rooting against them from now on even though I like their coach.
  • 44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of fools.
    I would like to write what I really think.........But this place is a family friendly place.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1

They know the facts; they just chose to ignore them because "justice" wasn't done by their definition.

Furthermore, the 1st Amendment applies to the citizenry vs. the government, not in the private sector. Try calling your boss an a-hole and tell him you're just exercising your 1st Amendment rights. Those thugs should be fined and suspended. [:(!]
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

They know the facts; they just chose to ignore them because "justice" wasn't done by their definition.

Furthermore, the 1st Amendment applies to the citizenry vs. the government, not in the private sector. Try calling your boss an a-hole and tell him you're just exercising your 1st Amendment rights. Those thugs should be fined and suspended. [:(!]

I agree with you 100%, was just saying ya know dawg
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad

It's good to know their kind are still in the minority among the decent citizens of this country.
    What's next?
  • 800fthi800fthi Member Posts: 196
    edited November -1
    The black thugs are paid because stupid people watch them. I for one will never watch another Rams game.
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just look at it for what it really is: They are holding their hands up to show they have surrendered their minds.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shame on them for calling the police for extra protecting and then pulling a stunt like this. Bench them for endangering fans
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    Steal, beat people, smoke dope and get in a fight with a cop - blame is alot easier to deal with than responsibility.

In the time it took the players to do that I'll bet half a dozen Black kids were kiled by other Black kids.

The Black comminity had an opportunity at self examination and correction - drugs, violence, poor schooling, absentee fathers - but they allowed themself to be highjacked by the usual suspects and diatribe.

Exactly! And you will hear nothing from these low level morons about those 'black lives' that are supposed to be so F'n valuable.

When their own community begins to show some concern for human lives, I will start to worry about their's.

Until then, they should be sure to keep their uncivilized behavior in their own neighborhood. Because the response in mine won't be too awful friendly. [}:)][}:)][}:)]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad

That is clear, but they are representatives of the team as a whole. If only one player did this, I would still feel the same way, even if it was a white player. When you put on that uniform, you represent the whole team, not just yourself.