In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pictures from surf fishing trip today

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
No stripers, but we did catch a lot of blue sharks. Really disappointing since they have been catching fish all this week. Wind and temps were not the best as it was too warm and I think the fish headed back up north. Here are some pictures of the place where I fish. This little fellow meant me in the parking lot, looking for free food, aka bait. These little guys are all over the place down there and are professional bait stealers. They walk right up to you and grab your bait right out from under your feet. I keep mine in the cooler with my backpack on the lid. Last time, they lifted the lid off and took all my bait. 10 miles back to the bait shop[:D] Tonight, I left them a smorgasbord of clams and bunker. Like a 5 star restaurant to them [;)] I will take more pictures of them next weekend. There were about ten or twelve of them tonight, just sitting there watching me fish. Guess I was the entertainment. Oakie.

SF1.jpg

SF.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    CRAZY!!!! "LIKE A FOX"!! [:D]
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What does the fox say???
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, they were really biting last weekend. They didn't even wait for me to toss a hook. Just swam straight at me, and jumped into the bucket!

Looks like the Jersey shore.
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Nice!Wish I was there! Can't wait to get down to Indian Pass next April to do some surf fishing.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where are the photos of fish caught?[}:)]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that Island Beach State Park Oakie? The Red Fox looks familiar[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Is that Island Beach State Park Oakie? The Red Fox looks familiar[:o)]

Yup, Island Beach state park. I do most of my fishing at area 21 and at fishermans walk. The stripers are starting to run, but I got skunked last night. I had one good run off, but he let go about half way in. A lot of good sized, 35+, are being caught right now. Next two weeks will be great. Woody, If you surf fish, I am probably going again next weekend and can meet you there. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    Yep, they were really biting last weekend. They didn't even wait for me to toss a hook. Just swam straight at me, and jumped into the bucket!

Looks like the Jersey shore.

Make the trip and go with me one weekend!!!! We go almost every Saturday during the run. Oakie
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    what length rod is that? and what pound test line?

i used a 16 foot rod and 20 lb. test line when i surf fished in Kommiefornia about 40 years ago. caught a 4 foot shark once, shark steak is very delicious. yuuum good!!
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I caught something the last time I was at the shore. Red snapper, and it took a course of antibiotics to clear it up.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those blue shark look a whole lot like a red fox.
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must have been one badass fox if you had to lock your doors![:D]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Oakie. IBSP is my home away from home. I go to Area 7 the divider between 4WD and beach access points. Generally by bay access by boat or jet ski.

There has been lots of Blue fish and some striper activity lately. Got some eels ready for next weeks trip out.

Oakie thanks for the envite![:)]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are fox a protected species in NJ ?

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    what length rod is that? and what pound test line?

i used a 16 foot rod and 20 lb. test line when i surf fished in Kommiefornia about 40 years ago. caught a 4 foot shark once, shark steak is very delicious. yuuum good!!

12 foot Tsunami air wave rod with an Okuma 80 reel. Have 30 lbs test for stripers. I also carry an 11 foot air wave and a ten and eight if the blues and weakies are running. I always have four rods and reels just in case one breaks or something else is running. Nice to have options and be able to throw metal. The foxes are protected on the Island and Wpage can tell you, there all over the place there. You cannot drive more then a mile without seeing one dart across the road or approach you on the beach. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    Are fox a protected species in NJ ?

Only on the Island. We have a season for them here in NJ. Foxes at all shore points, but no hunting there.[:(] Brigantine is also loaded with them as is Ocean City.