In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thank you all

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
so much. Reloader, A Glore, D Gill, T sacrey, and anyone i may have missed!! You folks have helped me out beyond belief!
I will do my best to make this all work out. You are truly some of the most generous, thoughtful people on the planet. Thanks to you all! I'll never forget what y'all have done for me ...

Jeff

Comments

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all who have prayed, and continue to pray for my son Mark's recovery.

I went to see him today, and he is not at himself all the way, but there were some improvements.

He acknowledges that he is an addict, and he cannot use even alcohol recreationally.

He said, "I love you, Dad," without being prompted, and unashamedly gave his old Daddy a hug.

He has decided that Jesus is real, and the main reason that he isn't dead.

His advisor told him that he can get a day pass next Sunday and attend church with us, and he was pleased at the prospect.

Hang with us, brothers and sisters. The fat lady ain't sung yet.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your prayers and good thoughts towards my nephew and the recent death of his young son. I am back in Texas, and have tons of emails to respond to. I will get a reply back to each of you who sent you thoughts via email.

This has been very hard on my nephew, his family, and me as well. I am doing the best I can to help him and keep myself in a positive frame of mind. Sometimes death is welcomed as it was in the case of my mother-in-law a few weeks ago. The pain and suffering ends, and that's a good thing. Sometimes however, it is neither welcome nor understood. This is the case in a 3 month old healthy baby boy. These are the times I have to trust that God knows best.

The cause of death is not final as they are waiting on some test results, but the preliminary cause was listed as SID's. He and his wife are taking a 2 week break and will be in Waco, Texas with his mother. They will also visit us for three days while they are here. I hope we can spend valued family time together, because no one should feel alone at a time like this.

You people are great. The post's, prayers, good thoughts, and best wishes that came from this board have overwhelmed me. This is like an extended family to me.

Thank you again,

Danny
    edited November -1
    Thank you to all the GB Forum members who were kind enough to express their thoughts and say a prayer for my Dad and family.
    I really appreciate it..

Thank you all very much!!!

Neo-Jedi Order
    th_reblogo.gif
    th_23034.gif
    edited November -1
    for another great year of friendships and camaraderie, on the forums. I cannot think of a nicer bunch of people. God bless you all and may everyone have a fantastic 2017. May you and your family be prosperous and healthy. May we all find peace on earth and continued friendship. Oakie, Donna, and Chris Taggart
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers offered up for the loss of my mother. I thank the Lord each day for my wonderful family and friends who have gotten me through the rough times. What is really hitting home is now my brother and I are the older folks taking the young ones out to learn to hunt and fish, teaching them to respect nature and wildlife while taking pleasure in the hunt.
    edited November -1
    Sandy and I would like to thank all of you for your prayers, kind wishes, words of encouragement and beautiful cards and flowers. You will never know the comfort they have brought to us. You folks are truely the salt of the earth, and I pray for all of the blessings you asked for us to be given back to each of you 10 fold.

God bless all of you,

Danny and Sandy
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [:)] back at you and your family oakie [:)]
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right back at you Oakie and your family. Some day I hope to meet you in person.
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Same to you Oakie.

And right back at ya.

-Ken-
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    uh sure...it took much effort <awkward> [8)]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fun and caring forum....God Bless All![;)]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Not a Better, Caring,Fun Bunch Anywere
    Thank You Capt For Giving Us A Place to Make and Seal Friendships.
    Happy New Year Woody Dori & Merle
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy New Year and all of the good stuff to ya'll, too, Oak!
    What's next?
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    And to you as well John.HAPPY NEW YEAR sir..
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you feeling ok[:D]
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. Thank you.

I salute you sir.

I see you oakie - I see your needful things and your selfless philanthropic volunteerism

You inspire me - you and Dave and nord and all the rest.

You have built the signposts along the tough road I travel and you keep the way clear and we'll lit for others.

I see you my brother

Get well - be well - stay well

Mike
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Oakie and right back at you...!!!!![:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    uh sure...it took much effort <awkward> [8)]

No comment needed[;)].
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it takes two to tango.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Oakie...

Happy New Year to you and your family. God bless us all. (Even Tiny Tim)
    "What is truth?'
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    Thank you Oakie and right back at you...!!!!![:)]

2nd that
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Don't mind Me I Forgot
    Thank You John Donna And Chris For being our Friends And
    Sharing your Lives With Us
    Woody Dori & Merle