In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Plumbing question part 3

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Having successfully drained the water lines by forcing air through them, now that the water is back on, the delta type faucets are all leaking when turned on. That is leaking around the base of the control lever.

I'm guessing the air pressure forced sediment into them?

Is there an easy fix for this or will they all have to be replaced?
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try taking the cartridges out of them and clean them. If that doesn't work, you can just replace the cartridges instead of replacing the whole fixture, that would be tons cheaper
  • Options
    thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    delta faucets have two small black cup type washers with springs under them. if you can just buy them instead of the whole kit, that is whats
    leaking.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After further review of the paperwork, fixing the faucets isn't one of the things the buyer is wanting.

They do want GCI outlets near the sinks, new vapor barrier and insulation in the crawl space, inspector says there's a leak under the kitchen sink, the water line to the washer hook up needs replaced and without actually going onto the roof says the boots on the soil stacks need replaced.

House has 2 layers of shingles, messing with those boots will create more potential for a leak than coating them with something to reinforce them.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe there was a small amount of water trapped in them and it froze splitting the housing. Just reaching here.....
  • Options
    patchnballpatchnball Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    boots on soil stacks.......go to roofing center and buy the replacement rubber boots that go over the existing rubber boots. DO NOT need to replace the entire flange just put on new rubbers.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by patchnball
    boots on soil stacks.......go to roofing center and buy the replacement rubber boots that go over the existing rubber boots. DO NOT need to replace the entire flange just put on new rubbers.
    [/quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I will take, What is not the answer for 800, Alex.[:D][:D][:D]