In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

17 WSM

patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Anyone have one? Does anyone but savage chamber it yet. I really
Like what I have seen on the round. Just not a big fan of the b-mag

Comments

• Options
    patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anybody have strong opinions about this cartridge? Informed opinions are welcome.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't shot it, But I did own a .17 fireball. Still a .17. I sold it right away. It was the Remington CDL anniversary addition. The reason I sold it was because you could not shoot it with the slightest breeze. It would blow the round all over the place at 75 yards. No wind, deadly, slight wind, hoping it would be somewhere on the paper. I was going to keep it in my collection, but decided to sell it and buy a 22-250 BDL. I also have a couple guys at the club say they were not happy with theirs either. They had the .17 WSM. If you want the gun, buy it and shoot it. Don't let other opinions make your mind up. I had a ton of guys tell me not to buy a 22 Hornet and buy a 223 instead. I ended up getting both and the 22 Hornet is now my favorite small caliber round. I had another gentleman on here, Rocky Raab, tell me how to reload for it. He got me going in the right direction and I fell in love with reloading for it.

If you Don't mind me asking, what are you going to use it for???? Target or hunting and what is the weather like you will be shooting in??? Hillside, forest shooting, open fields??? The reason i ask is, there could be other, better rounds for your application. Oakie