In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

auto knife question

ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
would i be allowed to give one away on this board? i was thinking a s&w, dalton, or benchmade. i'm almost to 500 posts(only took 2.5 years), but hey. i don't want to get in trouble with the mods. cody

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What's the best way to separate the "China" made from "Italian" made? Thanks
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I am sure that you could give away an auto knife but there are heavy federal restrictions on shipping automatic knives across state lines. Police, emergency personal, military, and FFL dealers (yippie) are pretty much the only people you could ship to, and only if proper documentation were provided...I've got mine in hand!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,006 ******
    edited November -1
    I won't throw a fit about it. Can't promise what Admin will say.

Since they are ILLEGAL to own in some states and cities, perhaps a disclaimer would be in order. You know, sort of like those sweepstakes rules where it says, "offer void where prohibited, regulated, taxed, etc."

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you much. now to decide which one shall go. probably a benchmade. i'll let ya'll know in the next couple weeks when i do the giveaway. cody
  • Options
    SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool. What model of Benchmade is it?

gren_ani.gif

Come and Take it

Dont mess with Texas
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could use another Benchmade Auto Spike. No problem in Texas, when police ask whats in your pocket,, get ready,, they will probably want to know where you got it, how much you paid and if they have any more.

benchmade.jpg

Other freedoms are IN COURT NOW and under attack. Click to read latest report.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I have several auto openers and would love to score up a Benchmade.

They are legal to possess in Texas, but you cannot carry one. Watch the federal shipping restrictions.

Believe it or not, they are legal in california. I think the blade has to be 1" or less.

My favorite is an out the front Microtech Makora.

makora.jpg

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    California has to have 1.9" or less blade

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i'm not sure if it's going to be a benchmade yet. i will decide soon though as i am closing in on my 500th. i promise it will be a nice auto, but it's not going to be a microtech or mod, i'm only 25 and i have myself and my wife to support, so money is limited. but i gaurantee a nice auto. i've been collecting and making knives as long as i can remember, i know good knives! i'll announce next week what it shall be. no clones, no crap! cody
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ameriskin
    i've been collecting and making knives

Don't know about the rest of the people here, but I think that if you are going to do a giveaway, one that YOU made would be a nice giveaway. I am sure there are some who would rather have the "factory" made one. As always, your giveaway, your decision.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i thought about that, but decided most people don't know me well enough for it to really have any sentiment, and auto knives are just so damn fun! maybe i'll make a gunbroker edition in the future and give it away. until then, someone gets a nice auto. cody
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just say it's a knife without any description and suprise someone. Send it out UPS next Day Air...No problems.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That looks better than the Halo II, just had to have 1.

PJ

quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo
    I have several auto openers and would love to score up a Benchmade.

They are legal to possess in Texas, but you cannot carry one. Watch the federal shipping restrictions.

Believe it or not, they are legal in california. I think the blade has to be 1" or less.

My favorite is an out the front Microtech Makora.

makora.jpg

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM