In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sen. Lisa Murkowski beat in Alaska

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Lisa Murkowski beat by Miller in Alaska...another incumbent is kicked out of office. [:D]
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard this afternoon that it would probably be a couple of more days before they knew the winner, but it was expected to be Miller based on where the remainder of the absentee ballots were from.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    I heard this afternoon that it would probably be a couple of more days before they knew the winner, but it was expected to be Miller based on where the remainder of the absentee ballots were from.

I heard the same thing. I'm glad she's out O-C.

I don't have any sympathy for any incumbent that gets beat. It's not enough to have a good voting record. I want someone who will raise hell if necessary, brawl or what have you with the known crooks and wimps in government. Give me a Joe Wilson who'll call Obama a liar on the world stage at every turn, every day. I'm tired of games and politics, I want nothing but results that suit me. Am I selfish? [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any relation to ex-govenor Frank Murkowski?
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Am I selfish? [:D]Nope! [8D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She conceded.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alaska_senate

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski has conceded her Senate primary race to Joe Miller.

The Republican made the concession speech Tuesday night, a full week after the primary.

Murkowski trailed Miller, a Fairbanks attorney, by 1,668 votes after last week's primary. Election officials began counting absentee and outstanding ballots Tuesday. Murkowski made slight gains, but was never able to get Miller's lead below 1,100 votes.

She said she informed Miller shortly before making the announcement on live television.

"We all know that this has been a long week, a terribly long week," she said at campaign headquarters.

She said that while there were outstanding votes, "I don't see a scenario where the primary will turn out in my favor, and that is a reality that is before me at this point in time."

Miller has never held elected office but enjoyed the backing of former Gov. Sarah Palin and the Tea Party Express.

Murkowski had hoped to avoid the fate that has befallen other incumbents nationwide as they were swept out of office in 2010 amid an anti-incumbent fervor.

She said she was proud of the campaign she ran, which she called "honest" and "upright." She said the campaign stayed focused on the issues and the "high road."

Previously, she had criticized Miller for running an unfair fight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buffalobo
    Any relation to ex-govenor Frank Murkowski?

His daughter...he moved out and moved her in. [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    She conceded.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alaska_senate

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski has conceded her Senate primary race to Joe Miller.

The Republican made the concession speech Tuesday night, a full week after the primary.

Murkowski trailed Miller, a Fairbanks attorney, by 1,668 votes after last week's primary. Election officials began counting absentee and outstanding ballots Tuesday. Murkowski made slight gains, but was never able to get Miller's lead below 1,100 votes.

She said she informed Miller shortly before making the announcement on live television.

"We all know that this has been a long week, a terribly long week," she said at campaign headquarters.

She said that while there were outstanding votes, "I don't see a scenario where the primary will turn out in my favor, and that is a reality that is before me at this point in time."

Miller has never held elected office but enjoyed the backing of former Gov. Sarah Palin and the Tea Party Express.

Murkowski had hoped to avoid the fate that has befallen other incumbents nationwide as they were swept out of office in 2010 amid an anti-incumbent fervor.

She said she was proud of the campaign she ran, which she called "honest" and "upright." She said the campaign stayed focused on the issues and the "high road."

Previously, she had criticized Miller for running an unfair fight.

Exactly, she knew she was beat and this allowed her to bow out in a graceful manner rather than holding out to the last moment.
    What's next?