In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh, look, it's democracy!

cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,272 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm continually baffled as to why our nations leaders keep trying to impose democracy onto all parts of the world.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    I'm continually baffled as to why our nations leaders keep trying to impose democracy onto all parts of the world.

Especially when we are NOT a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic with limited enumerated powers of the Federal Master even though that slick idea went into the crapper at the turn of the 20th century.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Especially when we are NOT a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic with limited enumerated powers of the Federal Master even though that slick idea went into the crapper at the turn of the 20th century.

Exactly. Evidently the idiots in Washington don't know that either.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,272 ******
    edited November -1

My point exactly.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Especially when we are were NOT a Democracy, we are were a Constitutional Republic with limited enumerated powers of the Federal Master even though that slick idea went into the crapper at the turn of the 20th century in the mid/late 19th century.

FIFY. I'd push it back to the Lincoln regime.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They know we aren't a Democracy, but a Republic is just so difficult to change.

With a Democracy, you just have to have more people on the take than those who aren't.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My research indicates the United States is a:

Federal Presidential Republic
    Like most simple things,, it seems to take THOUSANDS of pages to define Exactly what that means.

GunBroker probably has a higher percentage of posters who know the U.S. is a Republic and what that means.

Absolutely unbelievable the misinformation and how many thousands millions of folks are "clueless".

clueless.gif

Something learned many years ago,, had to Pledge Allegiance to the Flag everyday in school,,

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Don't they do that anymore? Did the word "Republic" get removed?
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302

Especially when we are were NOT a Democracy, we are were a Constitutional Republic with limited enumerated powers of the Federal Master even though that slick idea went into the crapper at the turn of the 20th century in the mid/late 19th century.

FIFY. I'd push it back to the Lincoln regime.

A legacy of unadulterated sacrilege.
    What's next?