In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Netgear Orbi AC 3000 Internet Mesh Network

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Son just set up the Netgear Orbi AC 3000 and the speed of my computer and iPhone is screaming fast. Anyone else use it or something similar?
What's next?

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a difference huh?
    My old Netgear wireless router had my bandwidth bottle necked, so I was only getting half of the 100mbps I was paying for. Scrapped the Netgear router and old Arris cable modem for a new Arris 6700 AC cable/wireless combo. It rocks now.[:)]
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had a Netgear Orbi for about a year and are very satisfied. Great speed and good coverage throughout the house. We have one remote unit in addition to the base. last time I checked I was getting 69 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload speed.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if I'd notice any difference between my current 36.0/20.8 speeds on Comcast. Or at least enough to justify $300 to upgrade modem and wireless.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    What a difference huh?
    My old Netgear wireless router had my bandwidth bottle necked, so I was only getting half of the 100mbps I was paying for. Scrapped the Netgear router and old Arris cable modem for a new Arris 6700 AC cable/wireless combo. It rocks now.[:)]

You bet! [:D]
    What's next?