In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Calling cartod...over

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
[:D] Todd, many thanks for the beautiful Silver Dollar you sent to me as a "spiff" for the heads up on the 1894 that you bought!!! The wife gave up a big smile with some comments as to how nice it was of you to do that, and then she was off to put it in her stash! (Oh well, I know where she put it!) Thanks again, man, and have a wonderful weekend! [:D]
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He'll probably make $1000 on that 94 because of your tip and he gave you a buck [?]

Cheap son-of-a-gun! [}:)][;)][:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    He'll probably make $1000 on that 94 because of your tip and he gave you a buck [?]

Cheap son-of-a-gun! [}:)][;)][:D]

[:D] That's bad, Bill!!!! [:D] Hey, THIS silver dollar is worth LOTTSA BUCKS!!! True story! [^][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Cheap son-of-a-gun! [}:)][;)][:D][:D] That's bad, Bill!!!! [:D] Hey, THIS silver dollar is worth LOTTSA BUCKS!!! True story! [^][:D]Does it have obama's face on it [?] [}:)][;)][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Cheap son-of-a-gun! [}:)][;)][:D][:D] That's bad, Bill!!!! [:D] Hey, THIS silver dollar is worth LOTTSA BUCKS!!! True story! [^][:D]Does it have obama's face on it [?] [}:)][;)][:D]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the storms we have heard about have him in a spot....I saw a post on Facebook offering chainsaw services to anyone that needed it and talking about power outages. I hope everything is ok.

(He does have a GREAT eye for nice firearms.....well worth a silver dollar!)
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I think the storms we have heard about have him in a spot....I saw a post on Facebook offering chainsaw services to anyone that needed it and talking about power outages. I hope everything is ok.

(He does have a GREAT eye for nice firearms.....well worth a silver dollar!)

And, what a Silver Dollar it is too, LF!!!!![:p][:)]

Let's just hope he's alright!
    What's next?
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Glad you like Kimi. O-C, you get a wooden nickle for your next hot tip!

Still in the dark here in wv. Im lucky we have a generator, some folks are no so fortunate. Gas lines are miles long so when the gas goes they will be useless. Water companies shutting down now. We just got internet access this morning.

On a good note, i have plenty of firewood for this winter. I had some really tall old timber blow down.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Gas lines are miles long so when the gas goes they will be useless.

Finally, having gas is a good thing! Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    Todd,,,,good to hear you and yours are managing OK,,,,,Sounds like a little prep. on your part paid off !!!![;)]
    The thing that has come in most handy, besides the generator and the pool, is the little solar outdoor lights. Bring them inside at night and place them all over the house for light. I just Put them all back in the sun for a recharge.

That is the kind of solar comPany our govt should be investing in. [}:)][:D]

Im going back out to try to find gas. My next generator will be natural gas or diesel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    O-C, you get a wooden nickle for your next hot tip!That's probably what it would be worth! [:D]

Glad you, family, and home made it through unscathed! Too bad about the nice trees!!!!!!! [:(]

Good luck with restoration of utilities; I can relate to going days on end without them!

Great improvisation with those solar yard lights; real West Virginia, Texas too, redneck innovation! [:D]

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Todd,,,,good to hear you and yours are managing OK,,,,,Sounds like a little prep. on your part paid off !!!![;)]

Todd, we got lucky here across the crik, only was out of power for 25hrs. I'm on the same circuit as downtown and the water wells. Just need to find some lamp oil now. Heard on the news last night about how bad shspe W'town is in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

Todd, we got lucky here across the crik, only was out of power for 25hrs. I'm on the same circuit as downtown and the water wells. Just need to find some lamp oil now. Heard on the news last night about how bad shspe W'town is in.

I heard williamstown got power last night. I hope so, the water plant is going down today if not.
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear that some of you in the path of the storm are OK, it cut a long long swath. Our 91 mph straight-line winds here did significant damage in the immediate area and there are still nearly 60,000 without power, but we were spared any damage other than a few lost limbs. We have absolutely nothing to complain about since a bit of time with a chainsaw will take care of our cleanup.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glad you like Kimi. O-C, you get a wooden nickle for your next hot tip!

Still in the dark here in wv. Im lucky we have a generator, some folks are no so fortunate. Gas lines are miles long so when the gas goes they will be useless. Water companies shutting down now. We just got internet access this morning.

On a good note, i have plenty of firewood for this winter. I had some really tall old timber blow down.

Welcome back, man. Indeed, we do like it. It was a great gift...many thanks again. Also, I'm glad to hear you all are okay, and that you were prepared for this emergency.
    What's next?