In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pledge allegiance to our flag and our country or

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
be stripped of your U.S. citizenship and be deported immediately. Your comments, please.
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,368 ******
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I can't get behind that one. I value the opportunity and freedom to have a diversity of opinion and belief in this country. The only limitation on those that I would be in favor of, are those that jeopardize the life, liberty, and property of other citizens. And if one looks, the majority of the lawmaking in this country has centered around the protection of those principles. At least until the last few decades or so.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I invite you in my home, obey the rules.

If not, please leave.

The minimum requirement to be here.

Kindof like littering, it is just wrong.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Judging by the number of people burning his jerseys that they paid a good $50 or so for I would guess that he just devalued himself significantly.
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    be stripped of your U.S. citizenship and be deported immediately. Your comments, please.

Nope, too far. If you want the 2nd Amendment protected, you have to protect the 1st Amendment as well. Can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second the motion
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    I second the motion

[;)][:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta agree with Mr. Perfect here. Freedom means being able to do stupid stuff, just as it gives everyone else the freedom to judge the stupidity and respond accordingly.

If Colon wants to piss off millions of people who buy the tickets and apparel that pay his salary, he is free to do so. Those millions of people can then NOT buy that stuff, and Colon will be of little value.

It is called the Invisible Hand of the Marketplace.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DBV

Nope, too far. If you want the 2nd Amendment protected, you have to protect the 1st Amendment as well. Can't have it both ways.

Maybe you would support doing away with the pledge of allegiance then, and, if not, what purpose does it serve?
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Gotta agree with Mr. Perfect here. Freedom means being able to do stupid stuff, just as it gives everyone else the freedom to judge the stupidity and respond accordingly.

If Colon wants to piss off millions of people who buy the tickets and apparel that pay his salary, he is free to do so. Those millions of people can then NOT buy that stuff, and Colon will be of little value.

Good point, of course. So, what purpose does the pledge of allegiance serve as you see it?
    What's next?
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree he has a right to sit during the Anthem and the team has a right to can him.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe you would support doing away with the pledge of allegiance then, and, if not, what purpose does it serve?

Yea, 'cause that's really what I suggested!

Either support the Constitution or don't. If you want to uphold only the parts that are convenient to your way of thinking, then you might as well put on a Hillary shirt, because you ain't that different. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    His behavior mixed with his racial hate speech is bordering on criminal behavior

18 U.S. Code ? 2102

Also his actions could be considered treason 18 U.S. Code ? 2381

So, if you think saying anything you wish at any time is protected speech under the first amendment, you are wrong.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,145 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fully support a good * Kicking to anyone that degrades the United States Flag or refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance with no Legal Repercussions allowed while keeping the 1st Amendment intact!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A pledge is meaningless unless heartfelt IMO. How would you know someone was genuine if such a law was put in place?

A slippery slope me thinks.

The pledge is there for those of us that love our country, and wish to profess it in public. That is its purpose.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    The pledge is there for those of us that love our country, and wish to profess it in public. That is its purpose.

Perfectly said.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimi,

Nothing but respect for you, but this is an ironic post considering the Confederate Flag in your sig line.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Either support the Constitution or don't. If you want to uphold only the parts that are convenient to your way of thinking, then you might as well put on a Hillary shirt, because you ain't that different. [;)]

[:)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I remember at the anthem at a nascar race, the camera zoomed on a top driver goofing off during the pledge.

He did not ever do that again. Wonder why?

No fanfare, no political cause or statement, he was straightened out immediately by his peers.

The pledge is another thing all together.

If the traitor is so concerned maybe he should get down and do the work like George Forman and other athletes have done, by becoming a mentor in the problem areas.

My fist to his nose is my artistic free speech expression and protected by the first amendment. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    A pledge is meaningless unless heartfelt IMO. How would you know someone was genuine if such a law was put in place?

A slippery slope me thinks.

+
    What's next?
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in for the deportation part if they start with Kaepernick. [V]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Kimi,

Nothing but respect for you, but this is an ironic post considering the Confederate Flag in your sig line.

Ironically, right this moment, I would not lose any sleep over deporting individuals that did not commit to the pledge of allegiance. Tomorrow, I might feel different. [:)]

My great grandfathers who fought in The War Between The States signed a sworn oath, some during and some after the war that they would not take up arms against the U.S., that's it. How did they really feel though?! The war they waged against the U.S. was perfectly legit, as you would know.

Like Mark said, a pledge is meaningless unless heartfelt...so there is no real way of knowing what a person is thinking.

Today, of course, our country is full of terrorists, domestic and foreign, so what can we do to help with this situation, Rack?
    What's next?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

Good point, of course. So, what purpose does the pledge of allegiance serve as you see it?

It has no legal significance, but has great purpose as a way for those of us that value this country and it's freedoms to bond together as we profess our support for her.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot

I'm in for the deportation part if they start with Kaepernick. [V]

Obama could be deported, Kaepernick would get exiled.
  • Options
    Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's become so meaningless since Bellamy's salute went to disfavor.
    Pledge_salue-300x235.jpg

Bellamy took such great pains putting the pledge sales pitch together.

Of course few are sufficiently intelligent to understand the word allegiance today as well.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Today, of course, our country is full of terrorists, domestic and foreign, so what can we do to help with this situation, Rack?

I think JFK said it best: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

I think JFK said it best: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".
    ...and then he "banged" Marylyn Monroe!....his [:o)]back went out right after...
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only pledge because of my service to the flag , which my GG grandfather had to do after the War of Northern Aggression.Kapernick can do as he pleases...and I'm gonna become a Democrat...I'm tired of losing..
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    His behavior mixed with his racial hate speech is bordering on criminal behavior

18 U.S. Code ? 2102

So, if you think saying anything you wish at any time is protected speech under the first amendment, you are wrong.
    quote:SECTION 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attained.

Sitting through the National Anthem doesn't constitute "Aid and Comfort". It confirms his status as an * hole, but it's not "Aid and Comfort" to the enemy.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I get to watch the * holes every night during the news broadcasts in this bluest of blue state.
    What's next?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

+1
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

18 U.S. Code ? 2102

quote:SECTION 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attained.

Sitting through the National Anthem doesn't constitute "Aid and Comfort". It confirms his status as an * hole, but it's not "Aid and Comfort" to the enemy.

Is this a legal position? I love it! [:D]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    A couple of his 300-pound team mates should gently step over and smilingly "help" him to his feet.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes open hte line and let the opposing team welcome him

:)
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    A couple of his 300-pound team mates should gently step over and smilingly "help" him to his feet.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Yes open hte line and let the opposing team welcome him

:)
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster

Bingo!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

18 U.S. Code ? 2102

The individual offensive behavior by itself is not an act of treason or inciting a riot. It is the combined rhetoric and vitriol he spews that is.

SECTION 4. The flag and any icons and/or symbols of the United States of America shall be respected. Attacks or disrespect of the flag on US soil constitutes and act of war.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is systemic here in America.We argue over the right to sit during the pledge of alliance while Blacks kill themselves by the hundreds in Chicago and Black lives matters brings out cop killers blacks to seek justice.

America has imported all factory jobs overseas,debase our currency with fiat money,wage war for oil and then give it back to China for The NWO money changers!

When they declare marital law all your rights go out the window to The Money changers! Wake up and see the big picture with A.I.robots coming why do the need labor from common people anymore?

A new Paradigm Shift is coming!

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/12/the-risks-for-2016-economic-collapse-more-false-flags-and-wwiii.html

We'll have to wait and see how this unfolds, but given that many social commentators and economists are predicting much the same, which include, but are not limited to: Mark Faber, Ron Paul, Paul Craig Roberts, Max Keiser, Gerald Celente, Paul Volcker, Bill Fleckenstein, Peter Schiff, Harry Dent, Art Cashin, Steve Keen, and many others, it's probably best we listen attentively to what they've got to say.

Furthermore, Stefan Molyneux has even put out an urgent Christmas message to help more people wake up to the destruction that awaits us if we don't collectively do something about it. That's why we should of course be preparing accordingly too, because its not looking like the masses are ready to awaken from their slumber.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,149 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimi don't smoke that stuff while you are watching Rush.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We all know everybody has the right to piss on the American flag in public. This right also allows this punk [original definition of punk] to sit during the National Anthem. Yes, I agree he has the right and NO I'm not willing to die for this punk's right to do stupid poop.

When he does this stupid poop while representing the NFL and the NFL does nothing about it, which is really doing the stupid poop? He has the potential to do more damage to the NFL than the NFL has done to themselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Kimi don't smoke that stuff while you are watching Rush.

Rush is all mouth. He's as establishment as they come.

You do know that was a question in relation to that 49'er , right?! [:D]

The race card has bombed on the BLM with their instigation of the killings of all of the policemen. The race card also bombed for the Hildabeast, in fact, it backfired with her attempt to tie The Donald in with far right groups and the flag of the southern people...the Confederate flag, to include, the follow up press about the national megaphone that she claims that Trump has given to racists, to hear her tell it - when in fact all Trump did was tap into the hottest subject that is burning up the Internet. Their whole despicable movement is on the run, and several black athletes in college, plus Kapernick havcome out of the woodwork. This is another angle that the likes of BLM and the Beast are trying to get going. They would like nothing better than to see the athletes step forward and support their racist BS.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SECTION 4. The flag and any icons and/or symbols of the United States of America shall be respected. Attacks or disrespect of the flag on US soil constitutes and act of war.
    SECTION 4 of what? I must have a defective copy of the U. S. Constitution 'cause that ain't in there.