In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Football, Flag, Anthem, Disrespect & Race

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
The subject issues have already exploded across America and the world in the NFL and football activities in public schools and leagues, and my question to folks here this morning, will these activities strike our college football as well? And, which side, might come out the better for it in the long run, either way?
What's next?

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The DEMOCRAT party and their corporate support media are the ones who have turned football into a race issue.

DEMOCRATs and the media that are now proclaiming everyone who does not kneel during the playing of the National Anthem are white supremacists. This illustrates just how low these DEMOCRATs will go.

Sadly, the NFL will end up being the big loser here.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the NFL a non profit org. Can pay thier do nothing commisioner 50 million $$ for mismanaging itself. There is much wrong with our tax code...

Whats more is how the NFL and its non profit org teams can disrespect the flag that allows this exemption. The IRS can kiss my *. So can the NFL and all it represents.
    "What is truth?'
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It won't be an issue for the University of Kentucky, as the National Anthem is always played while the teams are still in the locker room.

It's been that way for as long as I can remember, so it wasn't anything that was changed due to the protests.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt it (atleast a big program) because the coaches in college have leverage that pro coaches don't have. College players follow team rules or they don't play, they don't play and they lose their scholarship plus a year of eligibility.

Of course that doesn't account for some anti-american coach that pushes that agenda or a a coach at Grambling or Georgia Southern. Since this apparently a race issue according to them, and black athletes are declaring their hatred for America.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    If the NFL a non profit org. Can pay thier do nothing commisioner 50 million $$ for mismanaging itself. There is much wrong with our tax code...

Whats more is how the NFL and its non profit org teams can disrespect the flag that allows this exemption. The IRS can kiss my *. So can the NFL and all it represents.

Uhhhh, you're living in the past. The NFL voluntarily gave up their nonprofit trades organization tax status, and the teams themselves have never been a nonprofit organization. They have always been a taxable entity
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The activities won't happen in college at least not in their current form. Probably a new form like some subtle form of arm linking.

Which side will come out better, who is the other side, us? For sure the teams won't come out better and if they do, I'll be moving to where they play soccer.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what chapped me was the high school kids doing this crap...like they have a clue
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about next Sunday, all the NFL games get cancelled and the players flown to Puerto Rico to do some actual work helping out people who need it? And donate their guaranteed income for that unplayed game to the charity of their choice down there? Oh yes, and no TV cameras allowed!
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I doubt it (atleast a big program) because the coaches in college have leverage that pro coaches don't have. College players follow team rules or they don't play, they don't play and they lose their scholarship plus a year of eligibility.

Of course that doesn't account for some anti-american coach that pushes that agenda or a a coach at Grambling or Georgia Southern. Since this apparently a race issue according to them, and black athletes are declaring their hatred for America.

These schools are federally funded. Trump can cut their money off if they want to play games.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    what chapped me was the high school kids doing this crap...like they have a clue

Plus the 8 year old kids for the little guys on at least one team in St Louis.
    What's next?