In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FLY DOCTOR

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I edited my post, aslong as you can get others to be man enough to do the same you should be able to change your post back. Sorry i didnt mean to hi jack you post. Just dont like people making comments about me with out knowing me.

Comments

• RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did Festuses mother work and what epic journey did Festus and his dad take? What happened on the way? What bad habit did Festus have?
    edited November -1
    Did your design win?
    edited November -1
    I raise my glass to you sir.
    edited November -1
    I saw two other threads so I thought I'd make another.

Hope you don't mind. [:)]
    edited November -1
    Please send me your address I have something FOR U!![;)]
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Well, ya ol' scudder, y'all jest hold yer taters whilst I puts on my thinkin' cap fer a spell...

Gallery7.jpg
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Just saw a show where they stole his Mule, now that set him Off.
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Well, Rosie, ta the best o' my rekilleckshin, these here'll anser yer kweschins 'bout ol' cuzzin Festus...

1. My aunt's werk:

First off, y'all oughta know that werkin' ain't part o' the Haggen nature. But Festuses Ma, ol' Auntie Clamity, worked the stills with his pa fer ta make the hill licker we Haggenses sold ta other hill folk ta keep vittles in our bellies, I reckin. She also got paid fer sum show shootin' - that ol' gal wuz one hawkeyed shooter. She useter point her six-gun at Festuses pa and holler, "If'n this here shooter goes off, it'll be the first thing ever wuz in yer consarned head!" And once evry blue moon, that tough ol' gal useter hire out ta the stage line, too - as a shotgunner. The Haggens wimmenfolk're triple distilled ornery and meaner that a four-headed rattlesnake when they gits riled. I guess us lollygaggin', saloon sittin' Haggens menfolk're part ta blame fer that, shur as shootin'. Festus' pa always said us Haggens were born ta be hung.

CalimityJane1895-2-500.jpg

2. Cuzzin Festus' Big Hullerballoo with his Pappy:

I recall one year them two took off o'er the mountins on Ruth an' Li'l Ruth. (Grandpa Hawg Haggen told Festuses an' my pappys years back that all mules oughta be named Ruth.) Matthew went 'long with 'em, ta look fer the killer o' cuzzin Fergus, ol' Festuses twin. Festus luvved that boy like a June mornin', he did, and wanted to * after the scum that killed poor ol' Fergus like thunder after lightnin'. Terned out it wuz Uncle Black Jack that shot ol' Fergus, that greedy, cheatin', double-dealin' polecat. It wuz after they caught up with ol' Black Jack an' cuzzin Festus had ta put him down hisself that Festus strayed off from these hills an' took up with Matt, Miss Kitty, Newly and Doc in Dodge. Shur wuz more than a might lonesum 'round these parts after that, what with the smartest an' purtiest o' the Haggenses gone.

Gallery6.jpg

3. Us Haggenses Bad Habit:

Well, ol' cuzzin Festus, like all us Haggens menfolk, wuz a li'l remiss in buyin' rounds fer his friends an' kin in the Longbranch. Seems the pockets in all our duds gots holes in 'em, cuz we can't ne'er hold onta our money after a-gittin' paid. But if'n y'all plays yer cards right, ol' Doc's good fer a round er three!

Gallery14.jpg
  • bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's smooth Fly Doctor, Thanks
    edited November -1
    Wrong answer [:)]