In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Secret Service uses Sig P228...

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Tom Ridge's other home is about 5 minutes from my house, so when he is in town, all the secret service guys come into where I work ( convenience store ) .

I asked the one guy what he was packing, and he told me a sig 228.

I just thought this was kind of interesting. [:)]

www.ammoday.com
bulletline.gif

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So does CID, MPI, some aviation guys that aren't cursed to carry the M-9.....give me a few minutes and I'll think of some more. It's a d*mn good gun. It's probably the best gun I've ever carried. I was at Fort Drum for a whole 2 weeks and was told that I was going to the range the next day. I had never held the gun before. I just loaded it up, chambered a round and started shooting the qualification tables with no familiarization. I had one flier and the rest were in the 10X zone. The night sights are great too. If you get woke up in the middle of the night and need to put it on your hip, it's easier to find with those night sights. [:D]
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey idsman , what is the notable differences between the 228 and the 229? What calibers are availble for each?

I noticed the local cops around here use the 229, in .40

www.ammoday.com
    bulletline.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm no expert but I BELIEVE the SIG P-228 is only available in 9mm. I'm not sure if they changed their minds yet but SIG was devoting all of their manufacturing resources for the 228 towards government contracts (L.E./Military) and no more were being manufactured for the civilian market.

I BELIEVE the P-229 is available in .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and possibly 9mm but I'd have to do some research. I'm getting ready to head out so I'll leave that up to the experts. The resident expert would be our illustrious moderator.........NUNN...........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The SIG (that's an acronym--NOT "Sig") P-228 existed before the .357 SIG cartrige was developed. The P-228 was not created with either the .40 S&W or the .357 SIG in mind.