In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

South Dakota Girls...

WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had set their new wives straight on their duties. The first man had married a woman from Iowa, and bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning that needed done at their house. He said that it took a couple days but on the third day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were all washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Minnesota. He bragged that he had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and the cooking. He told them that the first day he didn't see any results, but the next day it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done, and he had a huge dinner on the table.

The third man had married a South Dakota girl. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye!

Got to love those South Dakota Girls!!!!!!!

| |
Thought you all might enjoy this one...board seems a little serious of late.

Swede

WyomingSwede

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My only experience with South Dakota girls is with Sioux Falls, SD girls. I'll just keep my mouth shut now.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Looks like idsman fell victim to the east-river/west-river situation. Ya shoulda headed west of the Missouri. The same problem befalls both Dakotas.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I met a girl from Lead after meeting her mom in a bar in Deadwood a couple of years previous. This was about 12 years ago - visited with her and the family almost every year since during the rally. Followed her to NE a couple of years ago. I still can't get her out of my mind! What is it about these SD girls?

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    cbx -

They are not uppity or stuck on themselves.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had a Sioux Falls, SD girl challenge my ability to make ethical decisions this year. You figure that you go out, you go dancing, you have a good time and you play designated driver for a real sweet attractive good-lookin' blonde and you might get a peck on the cheek at the end of the night.

The alcohol must be so strong in Sioux Falls, SD that you forget you're engaged.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Ids -- she was probably from Minnesota originally.[:D]

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's funny....I left home at 18. I've never so much as laid lips on a Minnesota girl since I was in grade school and had a "girlfriend".

Iowa women are an odd bunch because they're either married or they're single mothers by the time they turn 23. The ones that don't fall into those categories won't hold your hand until the 10th date. I'm starting to miss the coasts.