In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Found Pistol I Wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Took me over a Year, but I got it today, It's a S&W 22 K model 5 screw with the diamond in the grips, 6" barell in 90% or better. Will take it out Monday and we will Play. I feel very lucky and happy

Comments

• Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Good for you chuck. Nothing like a new toy!![:D][:D]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Spiny, could some one tell me when it was made? It has 2 serial # on it, one on the frame is 271xx and one on the cyl is K2051xx Thanks in advance People.
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    chuck....if that is a Model 17, I gave one to my oldest son just last year. I really loved it. It made me look better then I was just because it was so accurate. [:D][;)]
    My son lets me look at it every once in a while when I need a fix.
    muley
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Muley, I THINK it is a model 17, has pined barell and recesed cyl. [:D]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to feed it well, and often. [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chuck,your gun was made in 1953.This gun should not have a model #17 stamped on it anywhere and is known as a Pre Mod. 17.There are not two serial numbers on the gun.The one that starts with K is the serial number it should also be on the butt.The other number is a assembly number.

[^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^]

standard.jpg
    ATF
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot ATF, Your right it does not say model 17. the K # in on the crane, dont know about the butt, but will go check.