In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bought me a Remington 700 Thats broke.

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
The little plunger thing that kicks the emptys out is Stuck In and wont come out, Im talking about the bolt. Tryed tapping on it with a Flat punch, no luck Looks like their is a roll pin holding it in, Sure could use some advice before I take it apart. THANKS

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    That ejector is under some spring tension..control it when you remove the crosspin.Even if it appears stuck..do not 'look ' at it.Wear safety glasses..Kroil or penetrating oil will help remove it.

Use a punch of proper size.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soak it overnight in solvent, that would eliminate cleaning problem. That thingy is called an ejector if it's what I think you mean. It is a solid pin not a roll pin, and they should be readily available from Remington.
    Or, depending on the action you can just sell it to me for a custom! [;)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    chuck,, Probably a dirty or gummed up bolt! Did you get an owner's manual with it? If not, remove the bolt and place the protuberant(part of the bolt that sticks out the fartherest) on the edge of a solid countertop or hard surface. Pull down and then insert a dime into the slot on the bolt rear. Then unscrew the back of the bolt and then you will have the firing pin and spring in your hand and the bolt body will be clear for inspection. I would bet that the spring and plunger is rusty or gummed up and the extractor is is also! Soak it all overnite in a rust inhibitor, penetrating oil, and clean it off and reassemble. Probably will work fine! If not you may have a broken extractor.....see gunsmith!! GHD
  • R-C-NOR-C-NO Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0860z700

This a link to e-gunparts which has an exploded veiw of that model
    maybe you could look at the parts and see how it all fits.
    Hope this helps
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it a new or used gun?

You may want to return it to where you bought it or contact Remington Customer Service.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    THANKS, a bunch Guy's, It sure is nice to be able to ask Questions and get Info. beats being alone.