In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Think About This

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
quote: Vietnam, John Kerry testified
before Congress in 1971 with these exact words about incidents he supposedly
witnessed or heard about from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off
ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals
and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at
civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food
stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

Kerry was a Jr. Lt at the time, you would think it would have been his duty, when he personally "witnessed" an atrocity, being commited that with his rank, or even as a rational thinking person to intervene in some manner. It is every servicemans duty to see that his fellow soldiers do not commit acts that would reflect badly on the United States and their service..Looks like he may of turned his head to what he saw, then used (probably made up) stories to voice his disdain for the Viet Nam War...

His failure to intervene or not to immediatly report these happenings, made him just as guilty of the offense as those he said perpetrated them,,

eagle.gif
"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just Think - If Trump wins the Presidential election, it'll be the first time in history that a white billionaire moved into public housing vacated by a black family!

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THINK ABOUT THIS;

After reading the headlines about the US soldier who shot up Afghanistan civilians, I couldn't help noticing an irony. There is all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind his having suffered a traumatic brain injury. Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah akbar, still hasn't stood trial, and they are still debating whether he was insane, even with the clear evidence regarding his motive: slay as many infidels as possible. So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately. But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe office all day murders 13, wounds 29 of our own guys, and they try to argue the poor lad suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome, from listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience. Two and a half years later, they still haven't tried the murdering terrorist.

[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think that if you are taking or have taken any medication for depression or anxiety then you a target for the government to say you are not capable of owning a firearm.

This could stop some one who needs a little help from getting it. Also they could do the same thing to pain meds.

What do you think about it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    First of all i have no use for our big eared president. However the people he has hired are loyal as hell to him. Every time someone gets caught doing something wrong no one ever says the president knew about it.

I think they know he will take them out and decide to keep there mouth shut.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I believe behavior is learned. My dad was a workaholic. He would wake up at 5am and go to work. He would unlock the laundry mat and then he worked on appliance from 530 until 8. At 8 he would work installing propane in peoples houses. He would get off at 530 come home and eat supper every night. Then he would go back to work on appliances until 9pm. At 9pm he would go to the laundry mat and get the money from the machines. Clean all the dryer filters and do what ever needed to be done. He would get home around 10 or 11 every night. The only day he was ever off was on Sunday. If an emergency came up he would go after church. Plus he was a volunteer fireman for over 20 years.

I am proud and sad i have my fathers work ethic. I was working with my dad by 12. I started by handing him tools. Then taking things apart for him and then fixing it. I joined the Air Force and worked on F-16s and i excelled at the job. I was the only Sergeant that had full red x power. The only thing i could could not sign off was egress work.

I got out of the Air Force because of money issues. I could not give my family what i wanted them to have.

I went to work at Cummings for a Maintenance Company. I worked 60 to 100 hours a week just like my dad. I have worked 3 days and nights in a row living on Dr Pepper and honey buns. I got a degree in Facility Maintenance. Plus i am a Journeyman in Facility Maintenance.

We went on nice vacations all over the world. Now the bad things about working. My wifes parents both died within a few days of each other. While i was out on bereavement my company called me to go to work and fix something and i went.

I worked crazy hours. I would get off at 330 in the after noon and go back to work at 11 pm and work until 330. I did this for years. I fell asleep 3 times on the way home from work and hit the same stop sign.

I thought i was doing great. The whole time my wife was getting more and more upset with me. She was tired of me being gone all the time and when i was home i was sleeping but i was raised to work.

When i got sick my boss called 2 or 3 times but my wife was there every minuet that i was sick.

So this Christmas try and take extra time off, Your family would rather you be home than buy them something fancy. Its a shame that cancer was the thing that made me slow down but at least i have the time to enjoy my family now.

Slow down and enjoy the family and loved ones you have. My dad told me the biggest regret he had was never seeing me play ball. He would read about it in the paper but he was always working. Take time and smell the roses. Work will figure out what to do when you are not there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If it's so imperative that all airlines be gun free, wouldn't it likewise be imperative that AirForce 1 be so, perhaps more-so since the POTUS is aboard? Surely his safety is more important than ours.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I posted how my wife got hooked on drugs and we split up. Someone said that they did not know how you could find people like this. Just so you know my first wife was normal for years and years.

We had an argument about me playing softball out of town and she forbid me to go. My daughter and i went and while we were out of town our neighbors introduced my wife to crack. She was mad at me so she tried it. After that she was hooked. It all went downhill from there.

All it takes is 1 time and you MIGHT be hooked. It is a hell of a chance to take. I know of several high class people that have lost everything because of it. I know girls that used to be as pretty as a model and would not give you the time of day. Now they look worse than a zombie and will do anything for 10 or 20 dollars.

I could tell you lots of stories that you would find hard to believe that are true.

All i can say is if you have never experienced this then you are truly blessed and i pray that you never have to go through this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If a man is not tough enough to be a man how can she/it be women enough to be in the military.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If the cops in California can not catch one man how can they catch a bunch of armed people rejecting gun laws.
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There you go, using that 20th Century White Male thinking again[;)]

The military is just another "social engineering" tool.

Just ask vets of the '70's about "McNamara's 100,000" [:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its called lets lower the standards. It happens all over the country in all facets of life. The U.S. Military is just another facet.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Its called lets lower the standards. It happens all over the country in all facets of life. The U.S. Military is just another facet.

BINGO!
    The standards were also lowered for the Commander in Chief of the US Military significantly in 2008. Nothing more than a trickle down effect.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Makes you wonder just who you may be sharing a foxhole with.