In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Catalogs, whats worse tools or gun stuff?

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Just got a new catalog from Snap-On, having a hard time looking through it without building a crazy Want List. I have the same problem with gun catalogs like MidwayUSA but it's a tough call whether to buy gun stuff or more tools! I just bought a Snap-On Custom series tool box set and it isn't big enough for all my tools, need a another tool box and the last thing I need to do is buy more tools!

Tools?
Gun parts?
Reloading equipment?
More scopes?
Tools?
Tool box?

AARRGGGHHH!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I just signed you up for a catalogue of gun tools. [;)]

That come in gun tool boxes. [:D]
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever see a Cumberland General Store catalog?
    Lotsa stuff you want there too.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call me a pansy, or whatever you want, but not only does that happen to with me to gun and tool catalogs, but also Duluth Trading Co. catalogs, and (this is where the pansy calling will happen) kitchen catalogs.

I would sell a kidney to be able to get some of the stuff (especially cold weather gear) from the Duluth Trading Co. catalog...

These were on my wish list at Christmas, and I never got them...[:(]

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-outerwear/mens-hats-mens-gloves/11064.aspx
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You better get a Brownell's catalog!
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should see all the car & truck exhaust catalogs I get from my suppliers. Some are really cool like the ones from Flowmaster & Magnaflow. Some have some far out crazy stuff, especially the chrome & stainless tip companies. And some give me heads up on trends & policies...I feel bad for NY..in addition to all the gun bans you guys will very soon be adopting California emission standards to include "California" style cats..get ready for higher prices on cats compared to the rest of the states.[B)]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Used to get catalogs in the mail and go through them circling stuff, folding pages, making lists. Then end up not buying anything and wishing I did.

These days I get catalogs from companies I never heard of for stuff I have no use for or interest in. Somehow I've landed on a list for nothing that interests me.

So it's all worked out, financially that is [8D]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I handle that is to shop online...

Take Midway or Brownells for instance... I just click on the "Add to Cart" Link as I go...
    Before you know it... I end up with 30 or 40 items in the ol'cart.

Then when I've got everything I wanted... I go to the electronic cart.
    Sticker shock sets in... And I leave it as is for several days...
    I go back in a few days... And move ALL the items I actually believe I don't need to my 'Wish List'...
    So that the total, finally comes in to view... Just above my monetary horizon...
    By then, the adrenaline has settled and the fever is down.

I usually walk away with the two or three things I actually 'needed'...
    For what I have money to cover.

But... I do go and drool over the 'Wish List' often...
    Occasionally, I find money I didn't know I had. [:D]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Jeep parts for me.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    I keep a Brownell's catalog in the bathroom. I have mentally constructed a 1911 carry gun and a world class 10/.22 clone. I don't have the extra change to actually complete the projects, but it's fun to dream.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    catalogs are for old farts, we young guys (65 and above) buy on-line. And buy and buy and buy...[:(]
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Jeep parts for me.

Yep.. I get that Quadratec catalog every quarter.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    I used to waste Days Dreaming on the All-Stainless Body, Small Block Chevy Jeep I was gonna build from the J.C. Whitney Catalog.....

Nowadays I do the same with Cooking Gear catalogs, and Seed Catalogs...
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I keep a Brownell's catalog in the bathroom. I have mentally constructed a 1911 carry gun and a world class 10/.22 clone. I don't have the extra change to actually complete the projects, but it's fun to dream.

If nothing else, it helps pass the time.[8D]
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Large stack of catalogs in the bathroom. Everything from Hobie kayaks to guns, fishing tackle, knife making materials, leather craft catalogs and fishing rod making catalogs.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get an FFL....you will not believe the catalogs that come in. Its like a mailbox test at times.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Playboy comes once a month. You talk about wishing and dreaming. . .