In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hmm SCAR sale seem fishy?

zeck8541zeck8541 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Careful, folks.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=121629374

No feedback. No photos. Only accepts money order or cashier's check.

Might be trying to cash in on the high sales prices of the special edition SCAR.

Comments

• txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No feedback, no photos, first post?

Yes, its all fishy, I agree.
  • zeck8541zeck8541 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's my first post because I logged in here to warn people that I had come across it. I use the same sales name on the auction side if you are suspicious of me :)
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    i wouldnt bid $5 on anything without a non-stock photo unless i knew the person was very reputable(these board members, well most of them ;)

le alone 5,000[xx(]
  • adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    Seller has been registered here since 2003. Listed a few black rifles but did not sell any in 2004, probably for the same reason (no pics, short desc).

Fraud typically happens in one of two forms: seller registers and immediately tries to scam people, or honest sellers go bad due to financial problems. It's uncommon that someone would register then wait 5 years to run a scam.

So while it does not fit the profile of a scam, the short desc and lack of pics should make one cautious.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you click on the sellers NR, you can see that he has been registered since 2003, he just has never bought or sold anything.