In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What to do

Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
I have a lot of brass and I would like to trade it for 223 brass How do I list it.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    If you lock your keys in your car. What ever you do do not call a lock smith. Only do that if you cant wait for an hour.

Get the VIN number off the dash, (you can see it from the outside) and call the nearest dealer of your car. give em the vin number and they can make you a Key, cost 7 bucks,,

How do I know this.. It happened in SC while we was visiting Tools.

Tell em tools, it works..

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let them multiply, or send them packing......excuse the flash, to lazy to change light bulbs tonight.

Silver.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got done cleaning my Garand, and got some bad news. My barrel's shot out. When I started on the barrel, I couldn't see any rifling in the last 2 inches of the barrel, I thought the grooves were just full of crud from the dirty ammo I shot last. Nope, it wasn't that, from the breech to the muzzle there is a gradual reduction in groove depth, barrel is shot. Not the big question is what to do. The receiver is a CAI so I don't know if it's worth it to get rebarreled. I could get a new one from CMP, but I have this one scoped and don't really want to do that to a CMP rifle. Fulton Armory does rebarreling but for $300. It looks like I'm in the market for a new rifle as this was my deer rifle. Or do I find a barreled receiver and put my parts on it? Everything but the reveiver are Springfield parts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just bought an sxp 20 ga from the gander mountain in Lubbock, which is going out of business. got back home 8 hours up the road and found there re no markings on the barrel or any where else as to gauge or chamber length. this is to be a graduation present and I would like the young man to know what he needs ammo for. the store is no returns right now so what would your avenue of recourse be?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went into a little pawnshop near the hospital I had to go to today.
    They had 3 Remington 1100 20 ga. barrels and an Ithaca 37 12 ga barrel (All plain and in great shape) They wanted 35.00 ea for them.
    140.00 out the door but they also had a nice Remington 870 Wingmaster with VR Mod I could get for 20.00 more. So barrels I will make money on or nice wingmaster? Guy doesn't do layaway Can't get them all because I have to get a new motor for my van. But which to choose.

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The lady and myself went out tonight with 2 of her co-workers (blind date for one of them)

We arrive on time and wait 30 mins for them when they show up the men (23 & 25 year old men )have been drinking hard (place we are at cost $100.00 for two) they are loud and rude and embarassing everyone even my old harley riding seen lot's of things butt..Anyway getting real loud about things (calling our waiter faggot,getting KY jelly ,KOTEX ,STUPID THINGS LIKE THIS)and made a waiter that was not ours mad enough to stop and say something (it was out of line on his part some) Anyway after he told the waiter he would kick his butt I spoke up and told him to shut the hell up we are in a public place (I was sober by the way ) My lady and I ended up leaving what started out to be a good date for us.

I refuse to apoligze and My lady agrees with me what do you guy's think...I believe when your old enough to know you going to eat at a place like this and you show up drunk your STUPID

Thanks guy's I felt kinda bad for ruining it for me and mine but not anymore..

Wayne

NRA MEMBER

iwantyou.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    when nortan can't get rid of a worm?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two auctions won by the same buyer. Both stated usps m.o. only for payment.
    The buyer sent a message asking if I take paypal. I told him I did not.
    Two weeks later he sends me a m.o. for $35, the ammount due is $54.
    I sent him a msg and he tried to act as if he sent full payment. He then tried to pay the remaining with paypal again.

Should I take the p.p.
    Ask him to send another m.o.
    Or send him a refund for the $35 and relist it.
    Im worried about losing my pp account for selling gun parts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got a GPS and a radar detector in my truck. Radar detector went off and looked at the GPS, it indicated I was doing 39 mph in a 35. OK, I was speeding. Immediately had the GPS take a snap shot of the screen. Local city officer pulled me and told me he had me on radar doing 49 in a 35 and wrote me a ticket for that. This officer and the city he works in are known to be a little on the eager side to write tickets to increase the city's revenue through traffic fines.
    I know I'm right and can probably prove I was not going 49 in a 35 by downloading the trip information from the GPS, printing it out and use it as my defense in court. Any thoughts/ideas to use this situation to get this local department to get a little more honest in their application of laws? Makes a man wonder just how many folks get caught in something like this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night then you pass a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car? Think, before you continue reading.

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with this answer. She simply answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

However, the correct answer is to run the old lady over and put her out of her misery, have sex with the perfect partner against the bus stop sign, then drive off with the old friend for some beers !

God, I just love happy endings.

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    marinesega2.jpg
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was you sitting across from this fella? If so maybe a well placed boot woulda shut him up.

No I wouldnt apologize to him, I think it should work the other way. He owes you and your lady a big apology.

magnum.gif

email.gif
  • Options
    Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think you did the right thing and should not appologize a dam bit. And the future wife will find out one day that she should leave the S.O.B right now because she is gonna have nothing but hard times with that guy.

Dustin K. Griffin
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I despise loudmouth drunks...you sure did right.Drop the co-workers.

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people can handle alcohol, some can't.
    With some it is a real Jeckle and Hyde phenomenon.
    I choose not to associate with drunks, (anymore).
    Been there, DONE THAT.

They were making a$$es out of themselves.
    You called them on it.
    Just a couple of stupid drunks.
    You have nothing to apologize for.
    I would have left too.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, you are in the clear. I like to get drunk as much as the next guy, but if you are being an Ahole, expect to be called on it.

KC
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't apologize. I wouldn't feel bad if he doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Doesn't sound like much of a loss. You have more restraint than me.

I can't remember the last time I was inebriated. I do know that inebriation actually makes me even more mellow than my usual self to the point where people start wondering if I'm asleep with my eyes open.

When I was a brand new soldier I was "initiated" at an establishment in Tacoma, WA. We had a designated driver. The initiator and I sat in the back seat on the way home completely out of our minds on Jose Cuervo. We exchanged blows to the sides of eachothers' heads with our forearms on the way home. What a headache the next day. No more Jose for me. That was the last time I had any.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    They put a warning on booze for pregnant women. They should also add a warning to those who can not handle it.I've been there before and in the long run have not felt it a mistake to have cut them loose.It ain't worth the aggravation having friends like that.If he apologizes fine.If he does it again,no apology accepted.How much fun did you end up having in his company?

my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No apoligy, and if they were that drunk, you should have stuck them with the check [:D]

Those people who see nothing but grey areas, no black and white, are lost in the fog.
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Apoligize for what? You were not the one being a loud, obnoxious drunk. I think you showed remarkable restraint in not 'explaining' courteous behavior and how it should be demonstrated in public.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings, personally harl'y i'd give the guy a week to apoligise to my date, the waitress, and myself or i would not associate with him under any circumstances. respt submitted dads-freehold

if your going to be a savage, be a headhunter
  • Options
    rpo242rpo242 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are in the right. Don't apologize.

I worked with a guy years ago that admitted - he was an instant

*- just add alcahol.

You can't miss fast enough.
  • Options
    BerettafanBerettafan Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not even that old yet, and I know better than to exhibit behavior like that. I wouldn't be caught dead making a fool of myself like that. The only thing that should be apologized for is not saying something sooner, and putting a well placed boot right up his (or their) rear-end(s). Don't worry about it. You did what was right.

All it takes for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration; the streets are safer, the police are more effective, and the rest of the world will follow us into history--Hitler 1937
  • Options
    shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    You did the right thing and they owe you the apology.
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Been on my knees in more than one bar, thank goodness it's been a while!

Owned a couple of clubs back in the 70's, amazing how working the other side will give you a different perspective! Drunk and sober together are like oil and water...

Feel for your pain, had to be a long evening. And, have you had an apology from them?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Hon... you were right... dont apologise... you did nothing wrong... well except for maybe letting it go on too long....
    If he was as drunk as you say, he may not even remember what happened....I would demand an apology from him for yourself, your wife, the waiter and the restaurant...The restaurant may not allow you back in because of what happened...labelling you as troublemakers and drunks...you know the saying..guilt by association...

Find out if he remembers... then demand the apologies...whether he does or doesnt remember ...

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My response would work as follows:

In my "most-polite" voice I would address them, "Gentlemen, it is time for I and my lady to depart, please accept my apologies for my abruptness." Then I would turn to my date, as the model of chivalry, and offer her my hand as I rose. I would the address the other 2 women, "Would you ladies care to accompany us?". And then leave the * to get drunk and swap spit on their own. If one or both of them got rude after this, I would smile, and without any offer whatever of provocation, tell the offender he may accompany us as well. Once outdoors, however, the rules change. Keeping maximum distance between the drunk(s) and the women, and without warning, they would be subject to immediate violence, opportunity permitting. Usually a pinch grab to the larynx gets the point across, with minimum fuss. If not, well, there's always that well-placed boot or a simple punch to the solar plexus. Problem solved, I would return to the role of uncuous gentleman until the party was safely ensconsed in a new location, where we would all have a good laugh at the idiot's expense. I have had to do this kind of thing many times in my life, and it never fails to impress the lady(ies), or give me a good feeling inside. Excessive politeness, I have found, is the best warning signal.

Iraqi: "Is it true that only 13% of American kids can find Iraq on a map?"
    American reporter: "Yes, but all 13% are Marines"

"I think life should be more like TV. All of life's problems ought to be solved within 30 minutes with simple homilies. All our desires should be instantly gratified. Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns. Of course, if life was really like that, what would we watch on TV?"

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)