In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Howdy

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I guess I am supposed to make a introductory post. So this is it. My name is Kris, I live in East Texas, I like cars, atvs, guns, hunting, camping, going to the drag races, stuff like that. I have a couple of 12 ga, the requiste .22, Remington .243 w/leoupold scope, Browning .270 WSM w/leoupold, and a Springfield Armoury XD40. I thought I would check out the forums for some info about guns in general and reloading.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Howdy from Texas...

Been a lurker for a long time, decided to make it official and maybe put my 2 cents worth in every once in awhile. I got a thick skin and have been called about every name in the book, so I think maybe I'm ready [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't been around for several months again, just wanted to say "HI" to everybody [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello folks. I have been reading this forum for the last year or so and decided to finally join. I am a life long gun collector and target shooter. I find alot of good info on this site and hope you all have room for one more?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How's it going? [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hows ever one been
    i havent had the chance to come here and play much too busy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well folks, Ive been reading this forum for months, and just recently started a forum account.Let me introduce myself.Names Jay.Almost 50 years old.Ive been a machinist/tool&die maker most of my adult life.Served in Marines, honorably.I like the wide expanse of opinions here.Other than that, I reckon Im opening myself to all sorts of comments.
    Howdy yall
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Quick update, I have been real busy and will probably stay real busy... My GF found a pink thong in the house, I have NO IDEA where it came from... I'm sure I don't need to elaborate any further. But having no reason to lie to you all, I swear to God I don't know where they came from!! I'm thinking it is one of her sisters or her sisters friends...

Needless to say I am currently having problems on the home front, I think I will get back in touch with legal aide and continue my custody situation.

It's a (*)#@$(* shame that * won't take my word.. I have sworn to God and on my sons life I DONT KNOW WHOS PANTYS THEM ARE!!!

oh well...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how's everyone doing? Haven't had much time to check out the forums, hope everyone is well.

I put a PTR-91 on layaway at the shop. Hopefully I'll pick up next week and give it a test run. I'll try to let you all know how it shoots.

Alex

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi y'all. I haven't been around for awhile, but I'm back and plan on spending more time in the forums, getting re-acquainted with everyone and "catching up"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just closed the semester out on Friday and thought I'd pop in to say hello and see what you've all been up to.

So, what's new?

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    New member here. I just ran across this forum yesterday and I must say it's one of the more busy ones that I've ever run across.

I'm a member at www.smith-wessonforum.com and just thought I'd hang out here a while if it OK with you guys. We got a good group over there also but it's nice to see some new faces from time to time.

Anyway thanks for letting me join and I'll try not to stir the pot on issues I don't agree with to much.[:)]

Smitty
  • Options
    mk19mk19 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty good today, how about you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mk19
    Pretty good today, how about you?

Was tired earlier, probably could use another hour or two of sleep, but all is well. Wish this rain would turn to snow.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where ya been Pat?
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long time no see. Did you get a life or something?[;)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,352 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Where ya been Pat?
    Don
    Exactly, long time no see.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Where ya been Pat?
    Don

quote:Originally posted by guntech59

I'm still here, still alive. A bit of a life, not too much! Going to school in the spring to become a Phys Ed teacher. Can you think of a better job? [:D]
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    Where ya been Pat?
    Don

I'm still here, still alive. A bit of a life, not too much! Going to school in the spring to become a Phys Ed teacher. Can you think of a better job? [:D]

Where in the h, e, double toothpicks have you been!?!?!?

Referencing the bold in your quote above. Lets see.....teaching snot nosed brats to play kickball..........uhhhhm yeah, I can think of a better job.[:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Where in the h, e, double toothpicks have you been!?!?!?

Referencing the bold in your quote above. Lets see.....teaching snot nosed brats to play kickball..........uhhhhm yeah, I can think of a better job.[:D][;)]

Haha! No way, summers off.. heck, I could even come into work hungover, say "go play frisbee" and then sleep in my office for the duration of class. Not saying I would, but the option is on the table.

Still in Erie. Haven't been shooting much, sold most of my guns, only one I have left is my grandpa's .222 Savage. Haven't even hunted in nearly 4 years. I think next year I'll go.. by the time I got the itch this year, it was kind of late. I'd like to pick up another glock, miss shooting pistols, that was my favorite. Been spending my time working (QC at a salad dressing plant), lifting weights, sitting around, the usual.

Hows GB been? Is this place still full of kooks and hacks? [;)]
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    Where ya been Pat?
    Don

Stifler?
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Another blessed day to be me.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Where ya been Pat?
    Don

+1

Welcome back!
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Pretty good, Its been awhile. Good to see ya.[:)][:)]

Though my writing is far under appreciated by the electricians around here. Before its time.[:D]

Its kinda snowish around here, got a few deer in the freezer, a few quail and rabbit too. And lets not forget squirrels, I must have shot atleast 75 of them this late summer and fall.

Caught some fish this summer, Cats, Bass, and mess after mess of bluegill and sun fish.

Had a bunch of frog legs and mudbugs along the way to..

and best of all I am still wifeless and sonless, to early in life for that kind of thing by years.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look who's back.
  • Options
    big genobig geno Member Posts: 2,685 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see ya posting