In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Waiting for gun to come back to WalMart--UPDATE--

SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
UPDATE IS POSTED BELOW!!!!
I was in my local WalMart the other day and was looking for the infamous "clearance guns" that are discussed on here. I had seen a Beretta A390 (or 391) 20ga not too long ago. It was regularly priced at $529. Marked down to $450. Then marked down again to $359. Now it's gone. I asked the person behind the counter about the Beretta. She said that another gentleman had been looking at the gun and discovered that the safety was broken. They sent the gun back to Beretta for repair. She told me that when the gun comes back from Beretta, they are going to mark it down AGAIN and deduct another 20% off of that because it had gone back to the factory for repair!! I don't need another shotgun, but I gave her my phone number so she can call me when it comes in.

Update---Well, the same girl called my cell phone last Friday at ten in the morning and said that the gun was back from the factory. I told her that I would be there to pick it up that night after work, providing that I didn't catch a "late run". (My supervisors wouldn't be happy if I went to WalMart in an ambulance to buy a gun!!) I told her that if I didn't pick it up Friday, I would be there first thing Monday morning. Naturally, I did in fact, get a late run Friday night. At about ten o'clock Saturday morning, the same girl called again. She said that one of the younger clerks had mistakenly sold "my" shotgun!! She was very apologetic, but I was still disappointed. As it turns out...my wife had told my mother that I was going by Walmart to pick up the gun. My mother called the gal at WallyWorld and told her that SHE wanted to buy the gun for me for Christmas!! Mom gave me the gun last night!!! I think I got hoo-dooed....in a good way!!!

EMSParamedic_small.gif
I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!

Comments