In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unbelievable but true.

65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in General Discussion
Not this is not my auction, but it seems legit.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35335437

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I wonder how many square inches of land would be needed to drill for oil?[;)]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    I wonder how many square inches of land would be needed to drill for oil?[;)]

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif

Just one if there is an insect on your land with terrible acne, or if some guy parks his old chevy clunker that leaks oil.[:D]

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Yep - they are real!

Mom bought me one in 1955 for an inch in Alaska!

They were offered in breakfast cereal promotions.

http://collectedmiscellany.com/archives/000411.php
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Kinda funny actualy they are talking about this on the History channel right now. The show is Cereal: History in a bowl.

John
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine got one of those when he was a kid. That was in the 50s also. He still has his.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Mom bought me one in 1955 for an inch in Alaska!

don't people in Alaska get a certain amount of money annually to be residents there??

Wonder if you qualify for it?

jumpmaster.bmp
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the same show on History Channel last night. Cereal companies offered the one square inch of land deed on the back of the boxes. it was a very successful promotion and hundreds of thousands of square inches of Yukon land was given away.
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've already got 1 square foot of land on the Jack Daniels Distillery property that cost me nothing........[:D]

OldGuns55@yahoo.com
  • Options
    robkelly2242robkelly2242 Member Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not a deed which can be recorded to make you a resident. It's a quitclaim deen. Back in the 50s cereal boxes also contained quitclaim deeds to 1 acre on the moon.
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still trying to get rid of my one sq ft of Black Oak Arkansas - anybody remember?
  • Options
    PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do I got mine from Sylvias mother who got it from her Uncle Elijah The Night Electricity Came TO Arkansas, It was Hot N Nasty but I was able to use it to get my Picture on the Cover of the Rolling Stone..Lord Have mercy on my soul and keep the taxman away while Im diggin for gold..
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    The only thing is..... even if you were an avid cereal eater and had a thousand of the things, it wouldn't be contiguous land. What do they do if someone ever wants to develop this land? How to track down the deeds?

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf