In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mac vs. Windows

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, so I was talking with one of the guys I work with yesterday, and I came up with this brilliantly logical way to describe the difference between a Mac and a Windows based computer.

Systems running on Windows are the women of the computer world. They're pretty to look at, very common and easy to spot, there are many varieties for almost anyone's taste, and for absolutely no reason whatsoever they stop working properly for one week every month. They seem to be able to sense when you're using another Windows-based system for purposes besides work, and they punish you by locking up and giving you the blue screen of death whenever you try starting it. You can take it to a computer tech, and they'll tell you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the system, and all of your problems are user errors.

Systems running on Mac OS are the men of the computer world. They function almost flawlessly, almost all of the time. That is, unless the user forgets what it is and tries to use it like it's something it's not, in which case it will just ignore all user commands, excluding "Shut Down." If treated like a Mac, and not a Windows system, it will happily do anything it is capable of until it just up and dies on you, without giving you so much as a glitch. It doesn't mind overly much if you use other computers for personal needs because it knows that there's a large chance that those other computers you might use are Windows based computers, and will irritate you enough to not use them anymore.

Comments

• Options
    D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Brilliant. I love my MAC.
  • Options
    Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    I like it.

Liked my old Mac because most viruses at the time didn't affect it.
    Got it for graphic program use, as Mac's were better at it than
    PCs at the time. For what I need, PC capabilities are fine now.

You're right about the Mac - it gave me little problems until one
    day the hard drive completely and utterly failed, taking everything
    I hadn't backed up into the depths of Hell with it.

Hence my current HP laptop.
    [;)]
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Hmm, interesting. Well, I can tell you, after a year of using a Mac, I still don't know how to use it fully.
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    They're pretty to look at,

They are what?
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    And systems running Linux are the men of the world that let you borrow anything they own and give you lots of free stuff.

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NNbFboiSt0
  • Options
    ZealotZealot Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    They're pretty to look at,

They are what?

My thoughts exactly. Apple from day one has been the manufacturer that was obsessed with its looks
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Oooh. Mac. Shudder. [V]

I'll say this. I liked Windows 3.1 and 95 because you could get into them and mess with the programming a bit more, with their 16 bit DOS shell. 98 was ok too.

Ever since then Windows has been getting more and more 'idiot proof' and less amenable to tweaking by those of us who know how to do so. Not impossible, just more difficult.

In general I still prefer windows but the Macs have gotten a lot better over the OS 8 and 9 from some years ago.