In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I want a New Shotgun...turkey

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in General Discussion
This is what I want.
$550 in Stores plus a $50 Rebate.

Model 870T SPS-TT Super MagnumT Thumbhole Stock
05_870spst_thumb.jpg
http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/870spst_thumb.htm

Turkey hunting demands a shotgun that provides maximum payload in a superior handling, durable package. The newly designed Model 870 SPS-T Super Magnum Thumbhole Camo shotgun in hard-hitting 3 1/2-inch, 12-gauge delivers such a package.

The pump action shotgun features a thumbhole-style, laminated stock with palm swell and wide fore-end for a more steady, rifle-like shot placement and greater comfort while waiting for that wary longbeard to appear. For maximum concealment, the stock, fore-end, barrel and receiver are fully camouflaged with Mossy Oakr Obsessionr, an all-terrain/all-season pattern.

The 23-inch RemT Choke barrel, with Turkey Super Full choke tube, is equipped with light-gathering TruGlor fiber-optic adjustable rifle sights for accurate shot placement in all light conditions. This powerful 12-gauge pump action also features the revolutionary R3T Recoil Pad which significantly reduces the felt recoil of magnum powered shotshells. Completing the package is a Cordurar nylon camouflaged sling, swivels and studs.

MODEL 870T SPS-TT SUPER MAGNUMT THUMBHOLE
Gauge Chamber Mag.
Capacity Barrel Length Choke Overall Length Avg. Wt. (lbs.) Order No. MSRP*
12 3 1/2" 3-4+ 23" RemT Choke 44 1/2" 8 1/8 25189 $672

LOP: 14"; Drop at Comb: 1 3/8"; Drop at Heel: 1 7/8"
+ NOTE: 3 (3 1/2" shells); 4 (2 3/4" or 3" shells)
* NOTE: U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Actual price may vary.

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
[img]http://www.ice.gov/graphics/index.htm Report Suspected Violations of Immigration Laws, Call: 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.[/img]
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this, like, a reverse give away?
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could be, since I'm still working on my Evil Black Rifle Fund. smiley_evilGrin.gif

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    [img]http://www.ice.gov/graphics/index.htm Report Suspected Violations of Immigration Laws, Call: 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.[/img]
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    If every one helps to buy it could we take turns and share it?

100,000 [:)]Waving.gif[:)]can't be wrong
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's pretty sharp. However, if it was me, I'd sell ALL my other 12 gauges and buy a Benelli Super Black Eagle.

Oh wait, I kinda did that but in reverse. I had a bunch of 12's that I never shot after getting the Benelli SBE so I sold every one of them. No more having one shotgun for this, and another for this, etc...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    I've shot a lot of animals and have
    had turkeys walk pretty close to me
    while on deer stand and I was wearing
    hunter orange to boot. Why does one
    need a camouflaged weapon or knife?
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    only a couple f things wrong with it , first they're heavy and a plain in the * to carry around , second there is a good chance that they will pattern worst with the 3 1/2" than a 3 " will, oh and 3rd they cost too much , buy a decent 3" 870 and be happy
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use a Undertaker choke and you won't have any pattern problems [:D]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)