In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

On The Dick's List

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Well, I guess I am now on the Dick's List of Dick's Sporting Goods.

Happened to stroll into the guns and ammo section of a Dick's while on a short trip with my wife. Casually mentioned to the clerk, department manager, that their ammo shelves were empty like the rest. The clerk agree and said it may only get worse with what is going on in the country. To which I replied that the American people are getting the change they can believe in especially those Americans who voted for Obama.......I see the change right there on your empty shelves. At that point this fellow blushed over with veins bulging on his forehead and read me the riot act about Republican fear mongering causing the ammo shortage and run on guns not "our president" and told me to get out of the guns and ammo area of the store.

I was somewhat speechless at this guy's emotional and angry reaction to my comments. I told him to have a nice day.

Anyone else ever encounter anything like this.

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Shoulda kicked his clerk *.

Then called a lawyer...
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would have stayed for hours screwing with that guy[}:)]..till they thru me out the door[xx(]
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah! I'd have gotten some real entertainment out of that.

After I finished there, I'd be sure to have the jerk"s name and then take it up with not only their corporate but also here and where ever else that came to mind.

He's have had real good reason to get his blood pressure up.

Oh yeah and also time for a little legal action.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I'd like to print up about 1000 white Hanes pocket tee shirts, with 3" high letters across the back.

"ENJOYING YOUR CHANGE"?

And sell them..[:D][;)]
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    After all the post about the level of help in Dick's and other stores-- you are surprised ?
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,163 ******
    edited November -1
    Great idea Fish, I'll take a couple
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    I'd like to print up about 1000 white Hanes pocket tee shirts, with 3" high letters across the back.

"ENJOYING YOUR CHANGE"?

All I've got left is change...
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

"ENJOYING YOUR CHANGE"?

And put "I didn't vote for him"
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Print 1000 Hanes shirts saying "get your Obama gun before its too late"[:0]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Shoulda kicked his clerk *.

Then called a lawyer...

......Or a peace officer afterward. Sounds like justification for self-defense to me.[:)]
    edited November -1
    And there is a reason they call it Dick's...

That's why I like Academy Sports, there is always a crowd there talking smack about what if's.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    A day or two after the Robert Kennedy assassination, I was in a store and bought a gun mag from the magazine rack. The clerk at the register asked me if I wanted it in a bag. I told her that she needed a bag for her brain, but that one over her head would work. I never went back, I don't know how big their manager was.

And unfortunately, they vote, which is why we are where we are now.
  • ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got dicked at Dick's a few times so I did their surveys a few times so I could dick Dick back. I utilize their programs that I clearly come out ahead on and get some great deals. I wear a Gander Mountain or Cabela's or other competitor's hat whenever I go there. The looks I get are worth it, hard to not lmao! Probably on the Dick list too.
    The department personel left out the fence walking democratic fear mongering that in my opinion is more rampant.
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was somewhat taken back by this guys reaction and comments but in the end truly entertained by it and not offended at all.

Had a chance to see voters remorse in action.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not to worry...he was the bozo that screwed up your fast food order last week....just upset not because he understood your viewpoint but had just started to realize his own failings & inadequacies....poor fellow should go take a midol...now you should go back once a week with the appropriate t-shirt logo to wind him up till he wigs out and allows you to takes full advantage of the current jurisprudence system
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunpaq
    I was somewhat taken back by this guys reaction and comments but in the end truly entertained by it and not offended at all.

Had a chance to see voters remorse in action.

Now THAT's the TShirt you need to make.

"Do you suffer from voters remorse"?
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    I wore my GOA t-shirt into the local Wal-mart a few months back and the guy at the gun counter laughed. He liked the "spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat" line.

If guns kill people then

pencils miss spel words

cars make people drive drunk

spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Dick's store looks like any other women's clothing store in the mall until you can find the stairs and then the gun/hunting department in the back corner on second floor. Never was worth the trip.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunpaq
    Well, I guess I am now on the Dick's List of Dick's Sporting Goods.

Happened to stroll into the guns and ammo section of a Dick's while on a short trip with my wife. Casually mentioned to the clerk, department manager, that their ammo shelves were empty like the rest. The clerk agree and said it may only get worse with what is going on in the country. To which I replied that the American people are getting the change they can believe in especially those Americans who voted for Obama.......I see the change right there on your empty shelves. At that point this fellow blushed over with veins bulging on his forehead and read me the riot act about Republican fear mongering causing the ammo shortage and run on guns not "our president" and told me to get out of the guns and ammo area of the store.

I was somewhat speechless at this guy's emotional and angry reaction to my comments. I told him to have a nice day.

Anyone else ever encounter anything like this.
    Should have asked to see his manager and told him the reaction you got. Then written too the home office Gotten the worthless piece of Obama fan voted off the island.