In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fleabay sale is over...

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
Local guy who emailed me after the auction just came and picked up the mower. Foreigner who was high bidder ( and now a non-registered user ) had the $2850 check sent anyway ( after I sent him an email not to send it ) It is in my possession. He wanted me to refund the difference western union to him. OH well.. thats life in the U.S.A. Should I hold the check , burn it, or send it back where it came from? Check is good for 90 days.. and it will cost the foreigner to stop payment or wait till it is good [:D]

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he mailed it, give it to the postal inspector.[:D][}:)]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Take it to your bank and have them "verify" funds. If it's the fake you expect it to be, turn it over to the DA or your state AG.

How you doin'!
    wolf_evil_smile_sm_nwm.gif

The election is over, so the anti-Kerry stuff is removed.

If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded by
    UNITED STATES MARINES!
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Notify E-bay - scan check to keep copy - send it back.
  • Options
    John ZoellickJohn Zoellick Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt cash it,its probably a scam.you cash the check, keep your dough, send him the balance.the check bounces and your liable for the whole amount.

"* ER DONE"
  • Options
    John ZoellickJohn Zoellick Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh yea report him to E-bay too.

"* ER DONE"
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cash a worthless check? Then you pay bank fees as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can't deposit the check cause I didn't sell the goods to the foreigner ( ismal jahod ). I believe this was some sort of money laudering scheme. He wanted the 2300 back out of the $2850 check. Funny how Ebay banned him without me contacting them. Maybe a carload of them foreigners will show up at my doorstep.
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    I'm a little confused. Did you give him the mower?
    The check is obviously bogus and now you're out of a mower.
    IMO, turn the check and all the info you have to the police or postal inspector as another poster said.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No he doesn't have the mower.. I have his check !! Mower was sold to a local buyer who contacted me after ebay sale was over.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    report him. the draft is worthless. youve been scammed with 419 scam.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    I can't deposit the check cause I didn't sell the goods to the foreigner ( ismal jahod ). I believe this was some sort of money laudering scheme. He wanted the 2300 back out of the $2850 check. Funny how Ebay banned him without me contacting them. Maybe a carload of them foreigners will show up at my doorstep.
    Take it to the Postal Inspectors and let them go after him. They deal with this scam a lot. If someone sends you more money than they are supposed to it is either a mistake or a scam. If they do it on purpose it's a scam. Run do not walk to the nearest USPO and get them involved asap

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner