In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

EBAY GRIPE

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in General Discussion
Suppose yo are bidding on a product. You intend to buy multiple quantites, but screw up and bid on just 1.

When you go back to increase quantity to 2 at the same price, EBAY screws you up the * hole. EBAY jacks your bid up to your high bid! So if your high bid is 40, but the current bid is $30. When you update the quantity to 3 from 1, the current bid goes up to 40!WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

EBAY SUCKS!

Can you file a complain to the EBAY Auctioneer?

Comments

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quit using that place!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps that would be the best advice I have recieved today.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It took me a few bad transactions...and them freezing my account because I broke the "bless-ed rules" before I stopped. I have put a lot of STUFF on Gun Broker and it has all done fine. I think I have been weaned off of the e-crap site finally.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    It took me a few bad transactions...and them freezing my account because I broke the "bless-ed rules" before I stopped. I have put a lot of STUFF on Gun Broker and it has all done fine. I think I have been weaned off of the e-crap site finally.

I agree, yet still use ebay for SOME things (some things sell better there, that's just the way it is).

Captplaid, on the ebay home page, to the right of the search box is "Live Help". It's just a live instant message with an ebay tech or suport person. I have used this several times with success. Pose your question or complaint to them and see what they say. Don't know if they will/can do anything about it but it's the fastest way to talk to a live person over there.

Ben
  • 300Win_Mag300Win_Mag Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    5 years ago when I started using Ebay people were friendly and payed for their items. Lately people don't communicate and take weeks to pay or ship. I only use Ebay if I can get a really good deal on something. I find it easier to pay an extra $20-$40 more just to buy an item in the store and have a quick hassle free transaction.
  • spryorspryor Member Posts: 9,155
    edited November -1
    Personaly I have no complaints, buying or selling there. Well, maybe
    their fees are a bit excessive but it all works out.
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Suppose yo are bidding on a product. You intend to buy multiple quantites, but screw up and bid on just 1.

When you go back to increase quantity to 2 at the same price, EBAY screws you up the * hole. EBAY jacks your bid up to your high bid! So if your high bid is 40, but the current bid is $30. When you update the quantity to 3 from 1, the current bid goes up to 40!WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

EBAY SUCKS!

Can you file a complain to the EBAY Auctioneer?
    What probably happened is your addition bumped the winning price. In other words your extra knocked someone out of a winning bid. I assume you are talking a dutch auction say there are 10 items up for sale with your original bid for 1 all of them were taken.
    say you had bid 40.00 as your maximum but the lowest winning bid was 30.00 you and 8 other bidders had bid 40.00 and 1 guy had bid 30.00. This meant the lowest winning bid was shown on the auction. When you bid for the 2nd item it knocked the lowest bidder out and raised the lowest winning bid to 40.00 Dutch auctions are a pain in the butt