In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

O.M.G someone has broken in my house

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in General Discussion
My dog stays in the hall at night and was barking up a storm around 1 AM last night. I grab the shotgun and flashlight and start into the livingroom. My blood pressure is off the chart,and the dogs about to go nuts...the moment arrives to meet the intruder. Not exactly.. The Christmas tree has fell over and made one mess. My heart is still pounding and it takes the lab about an hour to calm down. I am laughing about it now, but when it happened it wasn't so funny!!!

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now Now Now, you shoulda done what the liberal Democraps want you to do, hid in the closet and called 911, that way the cops coulda wasted the time to find your tree on the floor.LOL

After being raised in the sticks I was real nervous when the wife made me buy this house in town, I still sit up at night when I hear car doors close.

Real men use little bullets.
    redneck1314@pennswoods.net
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This reminds me of the time I left the ice maker in my freezer running at night. The noise that it makes when it dumps ice sounds quite a bit like someone opening the sliding door to my balcony. Took a walk with the Ruger that night and thought it was a pretty funny sight. Me...my underwear...my ruger and a freezer bin full of ice.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was about this time of year @ 2 AM. I had my Honda 600 F3 stolen out of my drive way. Could Have, Shood have, but did not. he was about 14, I knew he would crash my bike. he did, and got away. Ack
    out 7k on a motorcycle.

NRA Life Endowment Member
  • lurkerlurker Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember when I first installed motion sensor flood lights about 15 years ago. Had one set next to the garage; noticed the light had come on about 1:00 AM. Grabbed the 12 gauge, went out the front door so I could flank the culprit........nothing there. After checking things out, stood still and it came on again ..... it was a lizard that tripped the light!
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds familiar. Same thing happened last night, but it was the cat in the upstairs bedroom. Got my heart a going.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Twice in my life I saw escaped convicts from local prisons running from cops through my backyard! (in two separate houses)

Once, the escapees were fired upon several times and one of the rounds actually went through several walls of our house and ended up landing gently on the third shelf of the bathroom closet (where my mom found it)!

If I hear something that sounds like a door opening I am there with flashlight and gun in a hurry.

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    This happened about thirty years ago.About 3:00 A.M.I awakened to a terrable racket that made my hair stand on end and it was blood curdling.I sat strait up not having any idea what the h... was happening.
    Just like in those scary movies,a roll up blind had decided to rewind it's self.

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.
  • snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've all had nights like that
    NOT A PRETTY SITE
    A 300 lb naked man with a .45 in hand

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same rush last night. I was standing in the hallway and a terrible noise started in the garage. It seems a 39 gallon trash bag 1/2 full of empty aluminum cans tipped over and were trickling down to the concrete floor. It's amazing how fast the adrenaline gets your heart pounding.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg